Dear Rouge performing in Vancouver, April 2014
|Origin||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|Labels||Universal Music Canada|
Drew and Danielle McTaggart were both touring musicians under separate projects. They met while in their early touring days, and began dating, before getting married and starting Dear Rouge. The name of the duo is derived from the name of Danielle's home town, Red Deer, Alberta.  In April 2012, Dear Rouge independently released their debut EP Heads Up! Watch Out!, a four-song EP on their Bandcamp page, and followed up six months later with their second EP Kids Wanna Know.
In June 2013, Exposure Contest and Dear Rouge partnered up to present a video editing contest in support of their single, "Thinking About You", from their Kids Wanna Know EP The contest drew a wide social media spread, accumulating hundreds of entrants from around the world.
In March 2014, the band's second single "I Heard I Had" charted at #3 in Alternative Rock (Mediabase), #3 in Modern Rock (Mediabase), and at #13 in Canadian Rock (BDS radio).  The band released their third single "Best Look Lately" on April 22nd, 2014. As of September 2014, it has also cracked the Top 20 of the Canadian Alternative Rock and Modern Rock charts.
The band signed to the Canadian branch of Universal Music Group in October 2014, and announced that their debut album Black To Gold will be released through them in early 2015. The band's fourth single, title track "Black To Gold", was sent to radio on January 13th 2015.  Black To Gold (Single) was made available digitally on February 10th along with a pre-order for the album. On February 2nd the band announced March 30th as the release date for the album and a tour with Arkells. As of March 23rd 2015, "Black To Gold" has climbed to #7 on the Canadian Alt-Rock charts.
The band toured across Canada in the spring of 2013, and again in the Winter of 2013, also covering Western Canada with a number of shows supporting Lights. In March 2014 the band announced another cross Canada tour supporting Fast Romantics. Throughout the summer of 2014, Dear Rouge played a number of festivals across Canada including Edgefest in Toronto, Otalith in Ucluelet, Shorefest in Vancouver, X-Fest in Calgary, Sonic Boom in Edmonton, and Rifflandia in Victoria.  The band toured Canada supporting Phantogram and Mounties throughout December 2014. The band supported Arkells on their Winter Canadian tour dates throughout Canada over February and March 2015.
Awards and nominations
|Year||Organisation||Award||Work or author awarded||Result|
|2012||102.7 FM Peak Performance Project||Grand Prize Summit Award||Dear Rouge||Winner|
|2013||Shore 104||Best of BC||Dear Rouge||Winner|
|CBC Bucky Awards||Most Dynamic Duo||Dear Rouge||Nominated|
|2014||CASBY Awards||Favourite New Artist||Dear Rouge||Nominated|
- Heads Up! Watch Out! (EP) (April 24, 2012)
- Kids Wanna Know (EP) (October 9, 2012)
- Black To Gold (March 30, 2015)
- "I Heard I Had" (October 15, 2013)
- "Best Look Lately" (April 22, 2014)
- "Black To Gold" (February 10, 2015)
|2013||"I Heard I Had"||13||Black to Gold|
|2014||"Best Look Lately"||25|
|2015||"Black to Gold"||19|
|"—" denotes a release that did not chart.|
- "Drew and Danielle McTaggart formed Dear Rouge in the summer of 2009". "Georgia Straight", July 19, 2013.
- "Released 24 April 2012". Dear Rouge Bandcamp Page, December 11, 2013.
- "Released 09 October 2012". Dear Rouge Bandcamp Page, December 11, 2013.
- "the winner of the 2012 edition of the contest: Vancouver pop-rock act Dear Rouge." "Exclaim! Magazine", November 23rd, 2012.
- "The project was created by 102.7 The Peak and Music BC to develop BC based emerging artists." "Music BC"
- "They’re now crowd-sourcing the editing of their latest music video, which somehow they found the time to film." "Miss604", April 4th, 2013.
- "184 editors from around the world signed up, 40 made the cut" "Exposure Contest", June 1st, 2013
-  "Mediabase", December 12th, 2013.
- "Western Canadian Tour" "Streaming Cafe", January 23rd, 2013.
-  "Jambase", September, 2013.
- "Canada Rock". Billboard. Retrieved March 10, 2015.
- Dear Rouge official website