Death & Taxes
Death and taxes early use found in Daniel Defoe's The Political History of the Devil (1726).
Things as certain as Death and Taxes, can be more firmly believ’d.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Benjamin Franklin|
Death and taxes is a common reference to the famous quotation:
Our new Constitution is now established, and has an appearance that promises permanency; but in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.—Benjamin Franklin, in a letter to Jean-Baptiste Leroy, 1789
Death and Taxes may also refer to:
- Death & Taxes (film), a 1993 Jeffery J. Jackson movie about Gordon Kahl
- Death & Taxes, a beer produced by Moonlight Brewing Company
- "Death & Taxes", a 2007 episode of Theme Time Radio Hour
- Death and Taxes, a music and culture website owned by Spin Media
- "Death and Taxes", a song on the 2000 Kid Dynamite album Shorter, Faster, Louder
- "Death & Taxes", a 64k Intro winner of the Scene.org Awards
- Death and Taxes, a 1931 poetry collection by Dorothy Parker
- Death and Taxes, the 1941 debut novel by David F. Dodge
- Death and Taxes, a 1967 novel by Thomas B. Dewey
- Death and Taxes, a 1976 book by Hans Sennholz
- Death and Taxes, a 1990 comic by Frank Miller; see Give Me Liberty
- Lobo: Death & Taxes, a 1996 comic book miniseries; see List of DC Comics publications
- Groo: Death & Taxes, a comic book miniseries; see Groo the Wanderer
- "Death and Taxes", a 1959 episode of Bat Masterson (TV series)
- "Death and Taxes", a 1986 episode of Magnum, P.I.; see List of Magnum, P.I. episodes
- "Death and Taxes", a 1990 episode of Mancuso, F.B.I.
- "Death and Taxes", a 1991 episode of Zorro; see List of Zorro episodes (1990 series)
- "Death and Taxes", a 1994 episode of The Bill; see List of The Bill episodes (series 10)
- "Death and Taxes", a 1999 episode of Twice in a Lifetime
- "Death and Taxes", a 2001 episode of Blue Murder; see List of Blue Murder episodes
- "Death and Taxes", a 2003 episode of ER; see ER (season 10)
- Death and Taxes: Joe Stack's Attack on the IRS, a 2010 CNN TV documentary about Joe Stack's suicide attack
- The quote is used in the closing lines of the 2004 Broadway Musical Avenue Q "Except for death and paying taxes, everything in life is only for now."
- Video Games
- Name of a deck strategy in the game Magic The Gathering.
- "Death and Taxes", title of a fictional book written by one of the characters in the 2006 US movie "Stranger than Fiction"
- The quote is used in the 1998 movie Meet Joe Black: "Drew" And who would've thought... you, an IRS agent", Joe Black: "Death and Taxes."
- Project Gutenberg. "The Political History of the Devil". Retrieved 6 April 2014.
- Bullock, Christopher. "The Cobler of Preston". Retrieved 14 January 2013.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Death & Taxes.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.