Death Race (franchise)
The Death Race series is a car combat franchise encompassing a series of films and other media centered on a reality show set in a prison, where inmates race against each other in order to win their freedom.
- Death Race 2000, a 1975 cult action film
- Death Race (film), a 2008 remake (or prequel) of Death Race 2000 starring Jason Statham.
- Death Race 2 (film), a prequel to the 2008 film starring Luke Goss, Ving Rhames, Danny Trejo, Tanit Phoenix and Robin Shou.
- Death Race 3: Inferno (film), a sequel to Death Race 2 with the entire cast reprising their roles.
In other media
Comic book series
A sequel comic book entitled Death Race 2020 was published in 1995 by Roger Corman's short-lived Cosmic Comics imprint. It was written by Pat Mills of 2000 AD fame, with art by Kevin O'Neill. The pair had already worked together on several comics including Marshal Law. The comic book, as the title indicates, took place 20 years after the film and dealt with Frankenstein's return to the race. New racer characters introduced included Von Dutch, The Alcoholic, Happy the Clown, Steppenwolf, Rick Rhesus, and Harry Carrie.
The comic book series lasted eight issues.
- The 1982 video game Maze Death Race for Sinclair ZX81 computers (and 1983 for Sinclair ZX Spectrum computers) resembles the film by its cover artwork and title, and car-driving content.
- The Carmageddon video game series (Carmageddon, Carmageddon 2: Carpocalypse Now and Carmageddon 3: TDR 2000) all borrow heavily from the plot, characters and car designs from the film Death Race 2000.
- "ZX81 Cassette Tape Information for Maze Death Race". Zx81stuff.org.uk. Retrieved 2012-08-13.
- Official website
- Death Race at the Internet Movie Database
- Death Race at allmovie
- Death Race at Metacritic