Death Valley (TV series)
|Developed by||Eric Weinberg
Spider One (concept)
Homario Suby (music)
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||12 (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Austin Reading
Julie Kellman Reading
Spider One (co-executive)
James O. Kerry (co-prod.)
Dana Riedel (associate)
|Editor(s)||Todd Bastone (assistant)
Hector Carrillo (assistant)
|Camera setup||Jeff Bollman|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Liquid Theory
Guitar & Pen Productions
MTV Production Development
|Original run||August 29, 2011– November 21, 2011|
Death Valley horror black comedy mockumentary television series broadcast on MTV. The series premiered on August 29, 2011. The series follows the Undead Task Force (UTF), a newly formed division of the LAPD, as they are filmed by a camera news crew documentary-style, as they capture the monsters that roam the streets of San Fernando Valley in California. In March, 2012, the show's creator announced that Death Valley had not been picked up for a second season.
A year prior to the opening of the series, vampires, werewolves and zombies mysteriously descended upon the streets of California's San Fernando Valley. The newly formed Undead Task Force (UTF), a division of the Los Angeles Police Department, is created to combat the emergence of monsters in the San Fernando Valley. A camera crew is embedded within the task force to document the zombie, vampire and werewolf encounters. The series has been cancelled by MTV.
- Bryan Callen as Capt. Frank Dashell
- Charlie Sanders as Officer Joe Stubeck
- Bryce Johnson as Officer Billy Pierce
- Caity Lotz as Officer Kirsten Landry
- Tania Raymonde as Officer Carla Rinaldi
- Texas Battle as Officer John "John-John" Johnson
|Season||Episodes||Originally aired||DVD release date|
|Season premiere||Season finale||Region 1||Region 2||Region 4|
|1||12||August 29, 2011||November 21, 2011||December 15, 2011||N/A||March 27, 2013|
Death Valley was created by Spider One (vocalist of Powerman 5000) years ago, and the series was given a 12-episode order by MTV on September 14, 2010. The series is executive produced by Austin Reading, Eric Weinberg, Julie Kellman Reading, and Tim Healy. Charlie Sanders, Caity Lotz, and Tania Raymonde joined the cast in September, Sanders playing Officer Joe Stubeck, Lotz playing Officer Kirsten Landry, and Raymonde playing Officer Carla Rinaldi. Bryan Callen joined the series in October, as Captain Frank Dashell. The series premiered on August 29, 2011.
- "Breaking News – MTV Adds Two New Series to Its Monday Night Line-Up Beginning Monday, August 29: "Ridiculousness" and "Death Valley"". TheFutonCritic.com. Retrieved 2012-01-27.
- Wallace, Brian (March 26, 2012). "'Death Valley' Won't Return to MTV for a Second Season". Yahoo! TV. Retrieved June 27, 2012.
- "Shows A-Z – death valley on mtv". The Futon Critic. Retrieved August 31, 2011.
- "Death Valley: Season 1 (Uncensored) | MTV Shop". Shop.mtv.com. Retrieved 2012-06-15.
- "Breaking News – Development Update: Tuesday, September 14". TheFutonCritic.com. Retrieved 2012-01-27.
- Andreeva, Nellie. "CASTINGS: Actors Board FX's 'Alabama', MTV's 'Death Valley' And CW's 'Nikita'". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2012-01-27.