Death Valley Driver
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013)|
|Death Valley Driver|
|Origin||Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada|
|Genres||Death 'n' roll, Sludge metal|
|Labels||Diminished Fifth Records (Canada)|
Ryan P Gallant
Death Valley Driver is a Canadian heavy metal band from Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, consisting of vocalist Dan Hodgson, Ryan P Gallant on drums, Adam Praught on bass, and guitarists Ray Blacquiere and Nick Doucette.
Since forming in 2008, they have performed all over the Maritimes. In July 2011, the band was part of Rock The Hill 2011 festival in Halifax with Metallica, Coheed & Cambria, Seether, Protest The Hero, and Matt Mays. In October 2012, the band was part of Festival Envol et Macadam in Quebec City. Other notable acts included Lagwagon, Of Mice And Men, August Burns Red, The Vandals, and Wintersleep. In July 2012, the band was part of Spread the Metal Festival featuring Kataklysm, Morbid Angel, Cryptopsy, and Blackguard.
The band has also shared the stage with 3 Inches Of Blood, Goatwhore, Protest The Hero, Misery Index, Obscura and others. Their song "Sleeping All December" is being used as the entrance music for Ring of Honor tag team, Briscoe Brothers.
Their first album, Choke The River was release April 5, 2011 on Diminished Fifth Records. It spent 18 weeks on the Earshot Loud charts, peaking at No. 3. It was recorded and engineered by David Rashed of the band Haywire. The band is currently putting the finishing touches on their sophomore album, Graveyard Dead, which was engineered at Lukas Raine Recordings with Dave Skinner. The album will be mixed and mastered by Billy Anderson.
- Choke The River (2011)
- Graveyard Dead (2013)
- Carnivores Oath (2014)
Nominations and awards
East Coast Music Awards (ECMA)
- 2011: Loud Recording Of The Year - Nominated
- 2014: Loud Recording Of the Year - Winner
PEI Music Awards
- 2011: Loud Recording Of The Year - Won
- 2011: Group Recording of the Year - Nominated
- 2011: Best New Artist - Nominated
- 2013: Rock Recording of the Year - Nominated
- 2015: Group Recording of the Year - Nominated
- "Charlottetown band to open for Metallica - Living". The Guardian. Retrieved 2013-07-23.
- "Line up 2012 - Festival". Envol et Macadam. Retrieved 2013-07-23.