Death of Vahe Avetyan
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find links tool for suggestions. (October 2012)|
|Location||Central military hospital, Yerevan|
|Cause||Brain injury, coma|
|Burial||July 2, 2012|
|Charges||CC of RA, 6th and 14th points of 2nd section of 112th article, 1st and 3rd ponits of 2nd section of 113th article, 118th article|
Vahe Avetyan (August 2, 1979 – June 29, 2012) was an Armenian doctor, medical serviceman major of Armed Forces of Armenia, who died on June 29, 2012 in coma, from brain injury. His death received much publicity and media attention in Armenian societies. Avetyan went into coma after being beaten in the "Harsnakar" restaurant, which belongs to a member of Armenian parliament, at that time, Ruben Hayrapetyan.
Fight and background
In the evening of June 17, 2012 a group of doctors, Vahe Avetyan among them, visited restaurant, and Avetyan was in sport clothes. The quarrel occurred on about 11:00 PM between Avetyan and a waiter because of Vahe's clothing. The fighting began after hit of waiter, and then medical servers Vahe Avetyan, Edgar Mikoyan, Arkadi Aghajanyan, Garik Soghomonyan and Artak Baiadyan were beaten by the employees and security. Vahe Avetyan and Artak Baiadyan were moved to the hospital afterward. On June 18, on around 3:00 AM Avetyan underwent brain surgery, and after one more skull surgery he stayed in come until his death, June 29, approximate time of death was mentioned 6:15 AM.
Before the attack and beating Avetyan with his friends got changed and then returned as it was required.
Criminal case and public reaction
Firstly tha case was sent from the police to the investigation service of Defence Ministry. Afterward, the case was transferred to the police investigation general bureau, and the police made an announcement on that. A criminal prosecution was made by the 1st section of 112th article of the Armenian Criminal Code:
"Infliction of willful bodily damage which is dangerous for life or caused loss of eye-sight, speech, hearing or any organ, loss of functions of the organ, or was manifested in irreversible ugliness on face, as well as caused other damage dangerous for life or caused disorder... is punished with imprisonment for the term of 3 to 7 years."
- Criminal Code of RA, special part, section 7:Crimes against man.
- Vahe Avetyan in voter's registry
- "Harsnakar" case investigation continues. RA Police weekly. 2012-06-29.
- "Five suspects on restaurant beating case taken to Armenia’s investigation department".
- "Not 2, but 3 Doctors Were Beaten up at Harsnakar".
- "У избитого в "Арснакаре" и находящегося в тяжелом положении Ваге в мозгу появилась новый гематома". Aravot.(Russian)
- "OK, don't beat, he's done". The Armenian time.(Armenian)
- "Vahe Avetyan died". Aravot.
- "A Stranger Was Pouring Earth on Vahe’s Grave Being on His Knees All the Time". Aravot. July 31, 2012. Retrieved October 10, 2012.
- "No changes to the charges upon the presented fact of "Harsnaqar" emergency".(Russian)
- "RA police announcement of "Harsnaqar" retaurant incident".
- "Criminal case: Ruben Hayrapetyan's bodyguards beat hospital doctors". Retrieved October 13, 2012.(Armenian)