1958 (age 55–56)
Detroit, Michigan, U.S.
|Occupation||Actress, voice actor, comedienne|
|Spouse(s)||Dan Castellaneta (1987–present)|
Deborah "Deb" Lacusta (born 1958) is an American television writer.
Lacusta and Castellaneta performed together regularly and had a sketch show on Chicago local radio, while in 1992 they starred in the show Deb & Dan's Show at Club Lux at Santa Monica Airport. Some of their comedy pieces were released on the 2002 CD I Am Not Homer. In 2003 she produced a multimedia exhibition about actor Marlon Brando which included the films Being Brando and Starring Marlon Brando, which featured Castellaneta and Hank Azaria as Brando. Art in America said they "merge fantasy and reality in humorous, unexpected ways."
In the early 1990s, Lacusta and Castellaneta wrote a script for an episode of The Simpsons in which Barney becomes sober. They pitched their idea to show runner Al Jean. Jean liked the story, but turned it down because he felt that it was too similar to "Duffless", an episode that the writers were already working on. They waited several years and offered their script, which they updated, to then-show runner Mike Scully, who liked it and had them make a few changes. Their script became the eleventh season episode "Days of Wine and D'oh'ses", which first aired April 9, 2000. The two also wrote the episodes "Gump Roast", "The Ziff Who Came to Dinner", "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bangalore", and "The Fight Before Christmas". In 2007, they were nominated for a Writers Guild of America Award for the episode "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bangalore".
The Simpsons episodes
Lacusta has written the following episodes with her husband Castellaneta.
- "Days of Wine and D'oh'ses" (2000)
- "Gump Roast" (2002)
- "The Ziff Who Came to Dinner" (2004)
- "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bangalore" (2006)
- "The Fight Before Christmas" (2010)
- "A Midsummer's Nice Dream" (2011)
- "The Ten-Per-Cent Solution" (2011)
- Brownfield, Paul (1999-07-06). "He's Homer, but This Odyssey Is His Own". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2009-02-15.
- Leader, Jody (1992-04-11). "'Deb & Dan' Funny But A Bit Long-Winded". Daily News of Los Angeles. p. L21.
- "The Voice Behind Homer Simpson Steps into the Spotlight and...D'oh!". Barnes & Noble. 2002-04-25. Retrieved 2007-11-20.
- Snodgrass, Susan (June 2004). "Deb Lacusta at Vedanta". Art in America.
- Affleck, Neil; Castellaneta, Dan; Lacusta, Deb; Maxtone-Graham, Ian; Meyer, George; Scully, Mike (2008). Commentary for "Days of Wine and D'oh'ses", in The Simpsons: The Complete Eleventh Season [DVD]. 20th Century Fox.
- McCann, Jesse L. (2002). The Simpsons Beyond Forever! A Complete Guide to Our Favorite Family...Still Continued. HarperCollins. ISBN 0-06-050592-3.
- "2007 Writers Guild Awards Television & Radio Nominees Announced". Writers Guild of America. Retrieved 2007-12-06.