|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
Debbarma is the surname of Tripuri Clan from tripura or the title generally used by the Kokborok-speaking (Tibeto-Burmese) Borok (Tripuri) people, the indigenous people of Tripura, a state in India. This is one of the cases where use of a surname reflects ethnic or tribal membership. The Debbarmas are the majority communities of a state called tripura till the Princely state tripura merged with Indian territory.
- Kirit Pradyot Deb Barman of the Tripuri Royal family
- Bir Bikram Kishore Debbarman 1908–1947, one of the last Kings of Tripuri
- Sachin Dev Burman, Bollywood composer and singer
- Rahul Dev Burman, Bollywood composer and singer
- Dasarath Deb, the only Borok Chief minister of Tripura since the kingdom joined in Indian territory.
- Aloy Deb Barma, founder of traditional martial arts of Tripura, Indian pro. fighter
- Somdev Devvarman, Indian tennis player
- Sourabhee Debbarma, first female Indian idol winner, TV performer and singer
|This surname-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|