|Born||October 1, 1955|
|Died||February 17, 2013 (age 57)
San Diego, California
|Notable work(s)||The Dark Side of the Light Chasers (1998)|
Debbie Ford (October 1, 1955 – February 17, 2013) was an American self-help author, coach, lecturer and teacher, most known for New York Times best-selling book, The Dark Side of the Light Chasers (1998), which aimed to help readers overcome their shadow side with the help of modern psychology and spiritual practices. In following years, she went to write eight more books including Spiritual Divorce, Why Good People Do Bad Things, and The 21 Day Consciousness Cleanse, which sold over 1 million copies, and have been translated into 32 languages. She led workshops on "Shadow Process" and hosted TV and radio shows, and also established the "Ford Institute for Transformational Training".
After Oprah Winfrey discussed, Ford's first book, The Dark Side of the Light Chasers (1998), on her show in late 2000, it spent several weeks on the New York Times bestseller list in late 2000 and early 2001. Her other books that made to the list were Why Good People Do Bad Things (2008), and The Shadow Effect: Illuminating the Hidden Power of Your True Self (2010), written in collaboration with Deepak Chopra, Marianne Williamson.
Over the years, in career spanning 20 years, she gave workshops and lectures across US and also trained coaches on the 'Shadow Process'. She appeared on Oprah, Good Morning America, Larry King Live, The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch, and Fox & Friends, and was regular contributor to Oprah.com  and Huffington Post  She hosted a weekly talk radio show on Hay House Radio, titled "Shadow Talk". She produced and appeared on documentary The Shadow Effect (2009), and also in 3 Magic Words (2010). She also appeared as a life coach helping people with divorce on ABC's short-lived reality series The Ex-Wives Club (2007). In 2012, she appeared on Super Soul Sunday (Season 2), a talk show hosted by Oprah Winfrey, airing on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network in an episode titled, Debbie Ford: Out of the Shadows, on which she talked about her eleven year-old struggle with cancer.
- Embracing Your Shadow. Hay House, 2002. ISBN 1561709433.
- Spiritual Divorce. Hodder Hb, 2002. ISBN 0340820950.
- Dark Side of the Light Chasers. Hodder & Stoughton, (Reprint) 2011. ISBN 1444717456.
- The Best Year Of Your Life Kit. Hay House, 2005. ISBN 1401904793.
- A Letter from Heaven: God's Gifts to a Mother, Through the Death of Her Daughter, with Allen Guyer. Morris Pub., 2003. ISBN 0974088706.
- Why Good People Do Bad Things. HarperCollins, 2009. ISBN 0061756148.
- The Secret of the Shadow. HarperCollins, 2009. ISBN 0061847372.
- The Right Questions. HarperCollins, 2009. ISBN 0061870072.
- The Best Year of Your Life. HarperCollins, 2009. ISBN 0061738980.
- The Shadow Effect: Illuminating the Hidden Power of Your True Self, with Deepak Chopra, Marianne Williamson. HarperOne, 2010. ISBN 0-06-196265-1.
- The 21-Day Consciousness Cleanse: A Breakthrough Program for Connecting with Your Soul's Deepest Purpose. (reprint) HarperCollins, 2010. ISBN 0061783692.
- Courage: Overcoming Fear and Igniting Self-Confidence. Wayne Dyer (Foreword). HarperCollins, 2012. ISBN 0062068997.
- "Debbie Ford". Huffington Post. Retrieved Feb 20, 2013.
- "Bestselling writer Debbie Ford dies at 57". Daily Mail. 19 February 2013. Retrieved Feb 20, 2013.
- "Debbie Ford, author of 'The Dark Side of the Light Chasers,' dies". Christian Science Monitor. February 19, 2013. Retrieved Feb 20, 2013.
- "Bestselling Self-help Author Debbie Ford Has Died". TIME. Feb 19, 2013. Retrieved Feb 20, 2013.
- Willian Yardley (February 20, 2013). "Debbie Ford, Author of Self-Help Books, Is Dead at 57". New York Times. Retrieved Feb 21, 2013.
- "PAPERBACK BEST SELLERS: February 11, 2001". New York Times. February 11, 2001. Retrieved Feb 20, 2013.
- "Hardcover Advice (2008)". New York Times. March 30, 2008. Retrieved Feb 20, 2013.
- "Best Sellers: Advice, How To And Miscellaneous: Sunday, May 30th 2010". New York Times. May 30, 2010. Retrieved Feb 20, 2013.
- "Teachers: Debbie Ford". Omega Institute. Retrieved Feb 20, 2013.
- "Contributor:Debbie Ford". Oprah.com. Retrieved Feb 20, 2013.
- Debbie Ford: Shadow Talk HayhouseRadio.com.
- Debbie Ford at the Internet Movie Database
- "Highlights from Oprah and Debbie Ford's "Super Soul Sunday" Conversation". OWN. 10/07/2012. Retrieved Feb 20, 2013.
- Debbie Ford On 'Super Soul Sunday': God Is 'A Spiritual Energy' (VIDEO) Huffington Post, 02/20/2013.
- "Bestselling Self-Help Author and La Jollan Debbie Ford Dies at 57". La Jolla Patch. February 19, 2013.
- "Debbie Ford, bestselling self-help author of ‘Dark Side of the Light Chasers’ dead at 57". Washington Post. February 19, 2013. Retrieved Feb 20, 2013.