|Other names||Sex Professor|
|Education||B.A., Psychology, University of Maryland, College Park, Masters in Public Health Education, Indiana University, PhD in Health Behavior, Indiana University|
|Occupation||Author, research scientist, educator, bloggger, sex advice columnist and human sexuality expert in media, Co-Director of the Center for Sexual Health Promotion in the School of Public Health-Bloomington at Indiana University|
Debby Herbenick is an American author, research scientist, educator, sex advice columnist, bloger, television personality, and human sexuality expert in the media. Herbenick has published more than 75 scientific manuscripts in peer-reviewed journals and is an expert in the study of sexual behavior in the United States, the vagina, vulva, penis, genital self-image, women's and men's sexual behavior,  women's sexuality, sexual pleasure and enhancement, exercise-induced orgasm - also known as the "coregasm", condoms, lubricants, arousal creams, and sexual stimulation devices such as vibrators, dildos, male sex toys, and other similar devices. Herbenick has spoken on these and other sexuality and relationship topics at a number of colleges, universities, and national and international conferences. She also regularly teaches human sexuality classes, among other courses, at Indiana University.
Herbenick has authored or co-authored several books including Because It Feels Good: A Woman’s Guide to Sexual Pleasure and Satisfaction, The I Love You More Book (a book about love for children and grown ups), Read My Lips: A Complete Guide to the Vagina and Vulva, Great in Bed, and Sex Made Easy: Your Awkward Questions Answered for Better, Smarter, Safer Sex. Herbenick is one of the lead scientists associated with the 2009 National Survey of Sexual Health and Behavior. She is also the Co-Director of the Center for Sexual Health Promotion in the School of Public Health-Bloomington at Indiana University in Bloomington. Additionally, Dr. Herbenick writes and hosts the audio podcasts for Kinsey Confidential for the Kinsey Institute. The blog MySexProfessor.com is run by Dr. Herbenick. She is also the founder of the Bloomington Sex Salon, a monthly event series in Bloomington, Indiana.
From 2005 through 2012, Herbenick wrote a weekly sex advice column for Time Out Chicago and, since 2003, she has written sex columns and blogs for Men's Health. Also, Herbenick has appeared several times as an expert in relationships and human sexuality on The Today Show, Katie_Couric's television show Katie, on various PBS specials, on The Tyra Banks Show and on The Doctors, and on one occasion taught about the vulva by using a vulva puppet on Tyra. This clip resulted in millions of views on YouTube and also aired on The Soup and Best Week Ever. Dr. Herbenick, her colleague, and their research have also been profiled on an episode of the Discovery Channel's Curiosity_(TV_series). In 2013, Dr. Herbenick also launched a successful Kickstarter project to create a poster and postcard series called "What do you like about your vagina and vulva?" 
- Herbenick, Debby (2010). "mysexprofessor.com". Retrieved 2010-03-07.
- "The Female Genital Self-Image Scale (FGSIS): Results from a Nationally Representative Probability Sample of Women in the United States - Herbenick - 2010 - The Journal of Sexual Medicine - Wiley Online Library". Onlinelibrary.wiley.com. 2010-11-02. Retrieved 2014-04-15.
- "Sexual Behavior in the United States: Results from a National Probability Sample of Men and Women Ages 14–94 - Herbenick - 2010 - The Journal of Sexual Medicine - Wiley Online Library". Onlinelibrary.wiley.com. 2010-10-04. Retrieved 2014-04-15.
- "Breakage, slippage and acceptability outcomes of a condom fitted to penile dimensions - Reece et al. 84 (2): 143 - Sexually Transmitted Infections". Sti.bmj.com. Retrieved 2014-04-15.
- "Association of Lubricant Use with Women's Sexual Pleasure, Sexual Satisfaction, and Genital Symptoms: A Prospective Daily Diary Study - Herbenick - 2010 - The Journal of Sexual Medicine - Wiley Online Library". Onlinelibrary.wiley.com. Retrieved 2014-04-15.
- "Time Out Chicago Contact Page". 2010. Retrieved 2010-03-07.
- "Questions for Sex Professor: Men's Health". 2010. Retrieved 2010-03-07.
- "Beyond The Chocha: Tyra Banks Helpfully Reminds Us That Vaginas Are Like Snowflakes, Look Like Cuddly Sofa Cushions". 2010. Retrieved 2010-03-07.