|Birth name||Debojit Saha|
Silchar, Assam, India
Debojit Saha, (Assamese: দেবজিৎ সাহা, Bengali: দেবজিৎ সাহা) born at Silchar, Assam in a Bengali Hindu family, is an Indian Bengali singer and past winner of Zee TV's reality series, Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge 2005.
Saha was placed in Ismail Darbar's "Yalgaar Ho Gharana" in the Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge 2005. On 24 February 2006, he was announced the winner with the title "Voice of India". The competition was based on popular votes. Various organizations like the All Assam Students Union, the North East Students’ Union, the Srimanta Sankardeva Sangha and the Hindu Chatra Parishad campaigned in the Northeast states of India to vote for Saha.
He was one of the 14 contestants in the season 2 of TV reality show Bigg Boss.
He participated in STAR Plus's reality show Jo Jeeta Wohi Super Star. His talent was highly appreciated by music composer duo Vishal-Shekhar in this show. But unfortunately he was voted out from the show.
- 2007 - "O Mure Jaan" from Jonda Iman Gunda.
- 2008 - "Marhaba" from Jimmy
- 2010 - "Happy Ending" from Tees Maar Khan with Abhijeet Sawant, Prajakta Shukre and Harshit Saxena
- 2011 - "Chu Chu" from Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster
- 2012 - Four songs in Borolar Ghor
- "Debojit Saha gets `Voice of India' title". The Hindu. 26 February 2006. Retrieved 22 August 2014.
- "A lifetime of gratitude". The Telegraph. 6 March 2007. Retrieved 22 August 2014.
- Roy, Priyanka (17 April 2008). "Sing with a smile". The Telegraph. Retrieved 22 August 2014.
- Dutt, Anjan (6 October 2011). "So Brutally Honest". The Telegraph. Retrieved 22 August 2014.
- Debojit Saha at the Internet Movie Database
- Debojit's Space
- Debojit's Sify Microsite
- Bigg Boss Season 2 – Profile of Debojit Saha
- Debojit Saha Official Website
|This article about an Indian singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|