||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (August 2011)|
|Occupation||flight attendant, lawyer, television producer|
Debra Burlingame (born 1954) is the sister of Charles "Chic" Burlingame III, the pilot of the hijacked American Airlines Flight 77 that was flown into the Pentagon during the September 11 attacks by Al Qaeda terrorists in 2001.
Burlingame moved frequently as a daughter of an active duty member of the United States Air Force. She spent parts of her childhood in California and England.
Burlingame was the inspiration for blogger Robert Shurbet to start Take Back The Memorial, a non-profit group that opposed the International Freedom Center (IFC) being located at the World Trade Center site. She is a former airline flight attendant, lawyer and television producer. Burlingame is also a World Trade Center Memorial Foundation board member. Based upon the efforts of Burlingame and others, Governor of New York George Pataki barred the IFC from being located at the World Trade Center site. As a result the IFC is now abandoned by its sponsors.
The Wall Street Journal has published numerous opinion columns written by Burlingame. A common theme in her writings is the need to remain vigilant against terrorism.
Surviving relatives of the 9-11 victims were invited to submit their names for a lottery to see who would be invited to attend the hearings and trials of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and the four other most senior captives. Six families were to be drawn, at random. Burlingame's name was one of the six chosen.
Alleged anti-Islamic statements
Burlingame has gone on the record as an outspoken critic of Islam. In 2010, she issued a press release denouncing President Barack Obama’s support of the “Ground Zero Mosque.” She wrote, "Demolishing a building that was damaged by wreckage from one of the hijacked planes in order to build a mosque and Islamic Center will further energize those who regard it as a ratification of their violent and divinely ordered mission: the spread of shariah law and its subjugation of all free people, including secular Muslims who come to this country fleeing that medieval ideology, which destroys lives and crushes the human spirit." 
Burlingame also wrote a letter attacking the Liam Neeson film Non-Stop because the hijacker in the film is a murderous 9/11 family member and military combat veteran and “worse, the flight’s quiet hero who comes to the aid of the protagonist, thereby saving the day, is a Muslim doctor.” Ms. Burlingame noted that this was ironic, given the fact that the Al Qaeda's leader, Ayman Al Zawahiri, is a doctor, a complete inverse of the roles between victim and victimizer on 9/11. See also, 
The National September 11 Memorial and Museum Foundation issued a statement in response to the Council on American Islamic Relations call for Ms. Burlingame to be removed from the foundation's board. It read:
- “The National September 11 Memorial & Museum has the privilege of having a committed board of directors who have brought leadership and diverse perspectives to this project. This board is comprised of 9/11 families, witnesses and survivors. The members are from the business and private sector and beyond,” 9/11 Memorial President Joe Daniels said. “As someone whose brother was killed aboard the plane in the attack on the Pentagon, Debra Burlingame stands as one of the most committed, and her contributions over the years have helped build a special place that honors the memory of the victims, preserves the history of 9/11 and presents the facts of a horrific tragedy. We are honored to have her serve on this board. Debra and all of the board members have been crucial in building a nationally significant institution that will be experienced by the world for years to come.”
- "Anger, frustration as 9/11 victims' families watch terror defendants try to undermine hearing". The Republic. 2012-05-06. Retrieved 2012-05-06.
Six victims' families chosen by lottery traveled to Guantanamo to see the arraignment in person.
- Keep America Safe
- "Burlingame After Meeting With Obama: He Turned His Back On Me" at Ground Zero. May 5, 2011
- Debra Burlingame and Thomas Joscelyn "Stalking the CIA" The Weekly Standard, March 29, 2010. Justice lawyers at daggers drawn with the intelligence community.
- Debra Burlingame and Thomas Joscelyn: "Gitmo's Indefensible Lawyers" Legal counsel went far beyond vigorous defense of their clients. Wall Street Journal, March 15, 2010.
- Wall Street Journal Commentary by Debra Burlingame: "Revenge of the ‘Shoe Bomber" July 29, 2009. The terrorist sues to resume his jihad from prison. The Obama administration caves in.
- Commentary by Debra Burlingame: "Obama and the 9/11 Families" May 8, 2009, page A13. How Obama duped the 9/11 and U.S.S. Cole Families.
- Commentary by Debra Burlingame: "From Gitmo to Miranda, With Love," July 30, 2008, page A15. How the American Left feted and freed a Guantanamo inmate who then killed in Iraq.
- Debra Burlingame's Wall Street Journal Op-ed, "The Clintons' Terror Pardons", February 12, 2008, page A17
- Debra Burlingame's Wall Street Journal Op-ed, "Gitmo's Guerrilla Lawyers", March 8, 2007, page A17
- Debra Burlingame's "On a Wing and a Prayer" Wall Street Journal Op-ed regarding the suspicious Imams vs. US Airways controversy, December 6, 2006
- "We Must Always Remember" New York Daily News, September 11, 2007 Debra Burlingame's Op-Ed on the 6th Anniversary of 9/11
- Debra Burlingame's "Our Right to Security" Wall Street Journal Op-ed regarding airline security, the FBI, and Al Qaeda, January 30, 2006
- Debra Burlingame's "The Great Ground Zero Heist" Wall Street Journal, Op-ed opposing the IFC, June 8, 2005
- Richard Tofel's Wall Street Journal Op-ed supporting the IFC, June 9, 2005
- "Westchester Housewife" Wall Street Journal Tunku Varadarajan's profile of Debra Burlingame and the struggle over the IFC, October 1, 2005
- New York Times profile of Debra Burlingame, August 12, 2005
- International Freedom Center website[dead link]
- Take Back The Memorial[dead link]
- Debra Burlingame's Wall Street Journal Op-ed "Divided We Fall" June 22, 2004, calling the 9/11 Commission hearings a "belt-way soap opera"
- Debra Burlingame's The 9/11 Museum’s Muslim Problem" April 28, 2014, cThe Daily Beast