After graduating from Sussex University in Psychology and Linacre College, Oxford she joined the BBC as a documentary maker and has received numerous international awards, including an Emmy, for her work on the BBC's Horizon strand.
Her film Assault On The Male launched a worldwide scientific research campaign into the hormone-mimicking chemicals that are harming human health.
Her 2000 book The Dinosaur Hunters that examined the bitter rivalry between the early fossil hunters who pieced together the evidence of a prehistoric world was turned into a TV film by Granada Productions
In 2005 she produced "Space Race" an award winning Drama, the first BBC co-production between Russia and America.
Her latest book Princes at war, is set to be released on March 10, 2015. It tells the story of the interlocked and conflicted lives of King George V´s four survivng sons, the Duke of Windsor, King George VI, the Duke of Gloucester, and the Duke of Kent during the abdication crisis and later on during World War II.
- Horizon: Dawn of the Clone Age (1997), writer & producer
- Seven Wonders of the Industrial World (2003), series producer
- End Day (2005), executive producer
- Space Race (2005), series producer
- Nuclear Secrets (2007), executive producer
- In Search of Medieval Britain (2008), executive producer
- Inside the Medieval Mind (2008), executive producer
- Altering Eden: The Feminisation of Nature, 1999, St Martins Press, ISBN 0-312-24396-0
- The Estrogen Effect: How Chemical Pollution Is Threatening Our Survival, 2000, St. Martin's Griffin, ISBN 978-0-312-26707-0
- The Dinosaur Hunters: : A True Story of Scientific Rivalry and the Discovery of the Prehistoric World, 2001, HarperCollins,
- The Lost King of France: Revolution, revenge and the search for Louis XVII, St. Martin's Griffin; Reprint edition (October 23, 2003),
- Cadbury, Deborah (August 26, 2003). Seven Wonders of the Industrial World. Fourth Estate (hardcover). ISBN 978-0-00-716304-5.
- Cadbury, Deborah (September 5, 2005). Space Race. Fourth Estate (hardcover). ISBN 978-0-00-720995-8.
- Chocolate Wars: The 150-Year Rivalry Between the World's Greatest Chocolate Makers, 2010, PublicAffairs ISBN 978-1-58648-820-8 (USA); Douglas & McIntyre ISBN 978-1-55365-574-9 (Canada) Radio interview w/Deborah on topic
- Princes at War: The British Royal Family's Private Battle in the Second World War, 2015, PublicAffairs ISBN 978-1610394031 (USA);
Bloomsbury Publishing ISBN 978-1408845240 (UK & Comm)
- Deborah Cadbury page at the publisher HarperCollins. Accessed March 2007
- Deborah Cadbury page at IMDB. Accessed March 2007
|This article about a writer or poet from the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|