14 May 1962|
|Awards||Astrological Associations of Great Britain, Romania, Perugia, Italy.|
Deborah Houlding (born 14 May 1962 in Mansfield) is an English author researcher, educator, and publisher who specializes in astrology. She has been referred to as "one of the UK's top astrologers". She wrote The Houses: Temples of the Sky. (Ascella, 1996) and created the Skyscript website. Houlding has been awarded by the Astrological Associations of Great Britain, Romania, and others.
Houlding's views about such subjects as the twin Gemini stars have been commented on in journals such as the Mountain Astrologer. She has written about the development of the zodiac as well as the cycles of Venus She was editor of The Traditional Astrologer magazine and is principal of the STA School of Traditional Horary Astrology, and has spoken at conferences on astrological topics.
- "Charles Harvey Award for Exceptional Service to Astrology". The Astrological Association of Great Britain. 2010. Retrieved 2012-10-13. "The recipient is chosen by the participating organisations in the Advisory Panel for Astrological Education (APAE)."
- "Honorary Member of the Astrological Association of Romania". The Astrological Association of Romania. Related Article in December 2011 edition of Romanian woman's magazine Avantage. 2011. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- "Jayavidya International Astrology Award". The Astrological Association of Romania. 2012. Retrieved 2012-10-13. "International Award 2012 was awarded to Deborah Houlding and Dante Valente on the first day of the Fourth International Conference on Astrology in Perugia."
- Houlding, Deborah (2006). The Houses: Temples of the Sky (2 ed.). The Wessex Astrologer Ltd. ISBN 190240520X.
- Houlding (editor), Deborah. The Traditional Astrologer.
- Parker, Julia; Derek Parker (2007). Astrology. Doring Kindersley Limited. p. 296. ISBN 978-1-4053-2198-3.
- Sydney Omarr, Carol Tonsing , Sydney Omarr's day-by-day astrological guide. Retrieved 2011-06-05., Penguin Group (USA) Incorporated, 2003; p.126: "Interested in astrology? Deborah Houlding, one of the U.K.’s top astrologers has gathered some of the finest European talent on this super web site."
- Pankaj, S., The World of Internet. Retrieved 2011-06-05., APH Publishing, 2009; p.83. ISBN 8176484598, 9788176484596
- Mary Plumb (30 May 2011). "The Twins Are Eclipsed". The Mountain Astrologer. Retrieved 2011-06-04. "Deborah Houlding makes a very interesting point on her wonderful site: “In a strange parallel to the Roman myth, Pollux has experienced an increase in luminosity"
- Deborah Houlding (September 2003). "Features". The Mountain Astrologer. Retrieved 2011-06-04. "Heavenly Imprints: Development of the Zodiac and the Early Origins of Aries and Taurus by Deborah Houlding"
- Mary Plumb (18 October 2010). "Thoughts on Venus". The Mountain Astrologer. Retrieved 2011-06-04. "Deborah Houlding wrote an amazing article in the Feb./March 2010 issue of TMA, wherein she explains the cycles of Venus in great detail."
- Deborah Houlding (August 2002). "The Problem of the Houses". The Mountain Astrologer. Retrieved 2011-06-04. "The bewildering varieties of house division in astrology weave quite a tangled web! Deborah Houlding goes a long way toward unraveling this knot by describing how most of its strands (the house systems) are formulated"
- Deborah Houlding (June 2005). "Libra the Scales". The Mountain Astrologer. Retrieved 2011-06-04. "Librans have a talent for impartiality - hence, they make perfect judges, referees, and diplomats. They search incessantly for beauty, harmony, and fairness, ..."
- "2010 Conference Speakers: Plenaries and Masterclasses". The Astrological Association of Great Britain. 2010. Retrieved 2011-05-24. "Deborah Houlding is past editor of The Traditional Astrologer magazine, author of The Houses: Temples of the Sky, principal of the STA School of Traditional Horary Astrology and creator of Skyscript: www.skyscript.co.uk"