Debra J. Saunders (born 1954) is a conservative columnist for the San Francisco Chronicle. Syndicated by Creators Syndicate, her thrice weekly column is also carried by newspapers throughout the country and on townhall.com. Saunders also blogs for the Chronicle under the moniker Token Conservative.
Between 1987 and 1992, Saunders was a columnist and editorial writer for the Los Angeles Daily News. She has previously worked for conservative advocacy groups and for a Republican leader of the California State Assembly.
Although viewed by some as a conservative Republican, Saunders consistently opposed the War on Drugs. She campaigned in her column for President Bush to issue more pardons and sentence commutations. She also supports same-sex marriage.
In 2007, she penned an article that criticized the imprisoned freelance blogger Josh Wolf, although she opposed his imprisonment. Saunders is also a vocal global warming skeptic who believes neither worrisome predictions of global warming nor optimistic economic scenarios underlying the fight against climate change.
- Pardon more than the turkey Debra Saunders, Nov. 23, 2006
- Your Tax dollars on Drugs Debra Saunders, Feb. 12, 2006
- The homophobic party? Debra Saunders, Nov. 10, 2004
- City Hall of Love Debra Saunders, May 16, 2008
- Josh Wolf - Blogger - Has No Press Pass Debra Saunders, Feb. 27, 2007
- Polar bear pandering Debra Saunders, Nov. 4, 2007
- Foreskin Man
- Circumcision ballot measure and anti-Semitism Debra Saunders, June 2, 2011
- Token Conservative
- Podcasts of Saunders' recent articles
- Debra Saunders speaks against clemency for Stanley Tookie Williams
|This article about an American journalist born in the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|