From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The word Deccan refers almost exclusively to the Deccan Plateau in southern and central India. Many companies, locations and organizations are named after this plateau, including:
- Deccan Gymkhana, a neighborhood in Pune, India.
- Deccan Park (park), a Global Development center at Hyderabad, India.
- Deccan Park (building), in Hyderabad, India.
- Dakhni or Deccani, a language spoken in Deccan Plateau.
- Deccan Riots, 19th century riots in Maharashtra.
- Deccan Traps, a large igneous province located on the Deccan Plateau.
- Deccan Famine of 1630-32, a famine where some 2,000,000 people died.
- Deccan (airline), India's first low-cost airline, based in Bangalore, India.
- Deccan Aviation, an airline based in Bangalore, India.
- Deccan Lanka, a low-cost Sri Lankan airline based in Colombo.
- Deccan Chargers, an Indian Premier League cricket team based in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh.
- Deccan Mujahideen, an alleged terrorist group in India.
- Deccan States Agency, an administrative unit in British India.
- Deccan Sultanates, Muslim kingdoms ruling southern India during 15th-17th centuries.
- Deccan Odyssey, a train traveling from Mumbai to several locations in Maharashtra and Goa.
- Deccan Queen, a daily train traveling between Mumbai and Pune.
- The Deccan Chronicle, an Indian English language newspaper.
- Deccan Herald, an Indian English language newspaper.
- The Deccan Traps, the remnants of one of the world's largest volcanic events.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.