From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
December 2001 was the twelfth month on the common year. It began on a Saturday and ended after 31 days on a Monday.
December 2, 2001
- Enron files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection five days after Dynegy canceled a US$8.4 billion buyout bid (as of 2003[update] this was the largest bankruptcy in the history of the United States).
December 4, 2001
- Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah ibni Almarhum Sultan Hisamuddin Alam Shah Al-Haj, Sultan of Selangor and 11th Yang di-Pertuan Agong of Malaysia dies in office.
December 13, 2001
December 14, 2001
- Annular solar eclipse
December 16, 2001
- Battle of Tora Bora fought between Coalition Forces and Terrorist Allies and Osama Bin Laden and remaining Taliban forces escape by mule to Pakistan reported by former Delta Force commander going by the alias Dalton Fury.
December 18, 2001
- Two men, Ahmed Agiza and Muhammad al-Zery, are secretly deported to Egypt from Sweden after a request from the United States in what is believed to be a CIA-led operation. (Washington Post)
December 20, 2001
- The Argentine government of President Fernando De la Rúa collapses amidst rioting and violence throughout the country. See December 2001 riots (Argentina)
December 27, 2001