|Position||Right Corner Forward|
11 August 1965 |
Declan Bonner (born 11 August 1965) is an Irish former Gaelic footballer and, later, manager. He currently manages the Donegal minor team. He also maintains prominent media roles in his native county, such as with Highland Radio and local newspapers.
Bonner played for his local club Na Rossa and the Donegal inter-county team. He scored the final point in Donegal's defeat of Dublin in the 1992 All-Ireland Senior Football Championship Final. Within five years of this All-Ireland title he was forced to retire from the game due to injury.
Bonner went on to manage Donegal (1997 - 2000), beginning on his 32nd birthday and within four weeks of retirement. He led Donegal to an Ulster Final against Derry in 1998 - Joe Brolly put paid to that with a few kisses to the crowd.
- "The Highland Radio commentary for the All-Ireland Football Final". Balls.ie. 24 September 2012. Retrieved 24 September 2012.
- "The heroes of '92 - Where are they now?". Donegal Democrat (Johnston Press). 8 January 2009. Retrieved 28 August 2012.
- "Inside Back: Where are they now? and Have Your Say". Sunday Independent (Independent News & Media). 31 August 2014. Retrieved 31 August 2014.
- Keys, Colm (1 October 2008). "Bonner in the running for return to Donegal". Irish Independent (Independent News & Media). Retrieved 1 October 2008.
- "Galway blow as Fallon to switch codes". Irish Independent (Independent News & Media). 11 February 1998.
Donegal also selected their team last night, and they handed league debuts to Martin Bonnar from Na Rossa, home club of new manager Declan Bonner, and John Haran of St Eunan's, Letterkenny.
- McNulty, Chris (29 June 2014). "Darach O'Connor leads Donegal's new generation – on and off the field". Donegal News. Retrieved 29 June 2014.
- "Gweedore cash in as smash and grab raid sinks Eunan's". Irish Independent (Independent News & Media). 16 October 2006. Retrieved 16 October 2006.
- "McBrearty looking for time off". Hogan Stand. 25 January 2013. Retrieved 25 January 2013.
1992 Donegal All-Ireland winner Declan Bonner coached McHugh in the Na Rossa GAA set-up.
- "Donegal go through to first ever minor football final". Irish Examiner (Thomas Crosbie Holdings). 31 August 2014. Retrieved 31 August 2014.
|This Ulster Gaelic football biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|