From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up decommission in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Decommissioning is a general term for a formal process to remove something from an active status. Specific instances include:
- Decommissioned highway
- Greenfield status of former industrial sites
- Nuclear decommissioning of power plants
- Decommissioning in Northern Ireland of paramilitary weapons
- Decommissioning pennant, where a navy ship wears an extremely long commissioning pennant at the end of its commission overseas
- Demobilization of soldiers
- Ship-Submarine Recycling Program for U.S. nuclear vessels
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Decommissioning.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.