From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Decompression has several meanings:
- Data decompression, the action of reversing data compression
- Decompression (altitude). the reduction of pressure and the related physiological effects due to increase in altitude or other equivalent reduction of ambient pressure below normal atmospheric pressure
- Decompression (comics), in comic book storytelling, is the stylistic choice to tell a story mainly by visuals, with few words
- Decompression (diving), the reduction in pressure and the process of allowing dissolved inert gases to be eliminated from the tissues during ascent from a dive. Also relating to decompression (diving):
- Decompression buoy, a buoy that marks a diver's position when doing decompression stops
- Decompression chamber, a pressurizable chamber used to prevent and/or treat decompression sickness
- Decompression computer, also called a Dive computer or decompression meter, a device used by a scuba diver to measure the time and depth of a dive and compute a safe ascent profile.
- Decompression stop, a period of time in which a diver stays at a specific depth
- Decompression trapeze, a horizontal bar or bars suspended at the depth of intended decompression stops by buoys
- Decompression sickness decompression sickness as a hazard in Scuba diving
- Decompression party, a party that occurs after an event or a party to unwind after a stressful period
- Decompression (physics), the release of pressure and the opposition of physical compression
- Decompression sickness, a condition arising from the formation and growth of bubbles of gas within the tissues of the body during and after depressurization
- Decompression (surgery), a procedure used to treat spinal stenosis (in spinal decompression), carotid artery stenosis or any condition where a structure is being compressed
- "Decompression" (The Outer Limits), an episode of the American television fiction series The Outer Limits
- Herniated disc decompression, a form of treatment for Spinal disc herniation, employed by chiropractors
- Uncontrolled decompression, catastrophic reduction of pressure in accidents involving pressure vessels such as aircraft
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Decompression.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.