|Headquarters||New York, NY, United States|
|Key people||Peter Bittenbender (co-founder, CEO)
Jason Goldwatch (co-founder)
Decon is a New York-based creative studio. Housing production, creative, strategy and music divisions, the company creates campaigns on behalf of brands and advertising agencies.
Originally named Deconstruction Company, the company was founded in 2002 by Peter Bittenbender and Jason Goldwatch after the success of their award-winning hip-hop documentary and accompanying soundtrack, One Big Trip.
In 2012, Decon earned a Promax Award for their work on NBCUniversal's "Green Week" campaign. That year, Misha Louy and Sacha Jenkins both joined as partners, expanding their Production and Entertainment divisions.
- Frazer, Bryant (May 30, 2012). "Five Questions: Peter Bittenbender, Co-Founder and CEO, Decon". Studio Daily.
- Soleimanpour, Arthur (March 25, 2010). "Brands Who Became Agencies: Decon Creative Group". PSFK.
- "2012 promaxbda design north america awards winners list". PromaxBDA.
- Wolfe, Jennifer (March 20, 2012). "Misha Louy Partners with Decon as Executive Producer". AWN.
- "Decon Keeps Rolling with Sacha Jenkins". Newsle. May 2, 2012.
- Mitchell, Gail (January 22, 2004). "Roots Launch Okayplayer Records". Billboard.
- "Billboard Pro's D.I.Y. 50 Indie Labels (Part II)". Billboard. August 15, 2011.