Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science and Technology
|Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University Of Science and Technology|
|Location||Murthal, Haryana, India|
|Campus||Area 273 acres (1.10 km2)|
Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science and Technology, formerly Chhotu Ram State College of Engineering, Murthal (CRSCE) started in 1987 is a premier government engineering college in the State of Haryana. The university is considered as top most in the state of Haryana and Delhi-NCR for studies. The campus also houses Central Institute of Plastics Engineering & Technology(CIPET), established by the Act of Parliament. CIPET was inaugurated by Haryana CM Shri Bhupinder Singh Hooda on May 11, 2013. The university has been awarded with the Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme Phase - II (TEQIP Phase-II) of the World Bank Project.
The Institution started with Mechanical Engineering, and Electronics and Communication Engineering, with an intake of 30 students in each branch. It was known as the Chhotu Ram State College of Engineering, Murthal until the government of Haryana upgraded it to University in 2006.
The university is located on National Highway No. 1 at a distance of 50 km from I.S.B.T., Delhi and at a distance of 8 km from Sonipat railway station. The sprawling campus of the College has been developed on 273 acres (1.10 km2) of land which falls within the industrial and commercial belt extending from Kundli to Panipat. The site has a strategic location in that it is near the national capital while being in the clean and unpolluted environment of the country side.
- Electronics and communication
- Computer Science
- Applied Sciences
- Center of excellence for Energy and Environment Studies(CEEES)
The university has a small dome shaped canteen constructed left on the way towards the university campus. University also provides free vehicle parking facility to the students, teachers and assistant staff of the university. It has a state of art library along with computer lab facility in each department.
University campus has a total of 6 hostels, two for girls and rest 4 for the boys. The capacity of girls hostel is 450 while the boys hostels in all can accommodate 966 students. Each hostel has a common room also known as club that is equipped with LCD TV for audio/visual entertainment of students and also has mess facility and also WiFi facility.
To promote research in specific domains University has signed up with the following foreign institutions
- Memorandum of Understanding with Ostwestfalen-Lippe University of Applied Sciences for research in the field of applied sciences under which the students studying in the DCRUST can use the research facilities of HOL university.
- Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Tampere University of Technology
Training and placement
The university has a good placement record with more than 90% of the final year students getting placed with reputed companies like TCS, Tech Mahindra, Cognizant, Headstrong, Sapient, ISGEC, BILT, BEL, Samsung, Maruti Suzuki, Grail Research, Tata Indicom, Indian Oil, Globallogic, Satyam, Infosys, Accenture, Idea, Perot Systems etc.
- Ankit Gupta - Founder, Black Butterfly Web Designer Pvt. Ltd.; B.Tech Biotechnology (2013)
- AICTE (AICTE)
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)
- Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
- List of universities in India
- "About University". dcrustm.org. Retrieved 31 July 2011.
- "Hostel Facilities". dcrustm.ac.in. Retrieved March 20, 2013.
- "Deenbandhu University collaborates with German University". indiancolleges.com. Retrieved 2012-07-30.
- "Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University in student exchange collaboration with Germany's HOL varsity". The Times Of India. Retrieved 2012-07-30.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University Of Science And Technology.|