|Studio album by Ray Lynch|
|Genre||New-age, Adult Alternative|
|Label||Ray Lynch Productions
BMG / Windham Hill Records
|Producer||Ray Lynch Productions|
|Ray Lynch chronology|
Deep Breakfast is Ray Lynch’s second album and was released in 1984. It was the first independently produced album to be certified Gold by the Recording Industry Association of America (R.I.A.A.), and later was certified Platinum by the R.I.A.A., without the benefit of live performances or videos.
The album's title is taken from a line in The Mummery Book by Lynch's spiritual teacher, Adi Da Samraj: "Evelyn slapped Raymond on the back with a laugh. 'You must be starved, old friend. Come into my apartments, and we'll suffer through a deep breakfast of pure sunlight.'" The sentence is quoted in the album's liner notes.
The title track for Deep Breakfast. Lynch won Billboard’s Award for Artist of the Year in his genre for this platinum album.
The Oh of Pleasure written by Ray Lynch and Tom Canning from Lynch's second album Deep Breakfast. The Oh of Pleasure appears on Grand Theft Auto IV video game.
|Problems playing these files? See media help.|
- "Celestial Soda Pop" – 4:37 
- "The Oh of Pleasure" – 5:18 
- "Falling in the Garden" – 2:44 
- "Your Feeling Shoulders" – 7:28 
- "Rhythm in the Pews" – 4:09 
- "Kathleen's Song" – 4:05 
- "Pastorale" – 5:26 
- "Tiny Geometries" – 6:08 
All music composed, arranged, and produced by Ray Lynch except The Oh of Pleasure which was co-written by Lynch and Tom Canning.
- Ray Lynch – keyboards, piano, guitar
- Tom Canning – keyboards on "The Oh of Pleasure"
- Beverly Jacobs – flute
- John Strauss – viola
- George Horn and Fantasy Studios (San Francisco) – mastering
Ray Lynch has produced a piano anthology, Ray Lynch Anthology, featuring selected pieces from his five albums. The book features a short interview with Ray Lynch and presents each piece in standard notation for both hands. The Anthology includes six pieces from Deep Breakfast: Celestial Soda Pop, Falling in the Garden, Your Feeling Shoulders, Rhythm in the Pews, Kathleen's Song and Pastorale.
Media featuring tracks from the album
- Several tracks from the album were commonly used during the late 1980s and early 1990s as atmospheric music in Wonders of Life in Epcot and Tomorrowland in the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World.
- The Stone Mountain Laser Show in Atlanta, GA uses "Celestial Soda Pop" as one of the tracks in the show, set to animated shapes and colors.
- Currently, the music is used for the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids: Movie Set Adventure.
- "The Oh of Pleasure" is used as the theme song for Dreamland, a radio program hosted by Whitley Strieber, and prior to him, Art Bell.
- "The Oh of Pleasure" can be heard in the video game "Grand Theft Auto IV" on the fictional radio station "The Journey". It can also be heard as background music while visiting one of the in-game internet cafes.
- "The Oh of Pleasure" is featured in the film Gentlemen Broncos. It can also be heard in one of the film's trailers.
- "The Oh of Pleasure" has been used inside the viewing area of the manatee exhibits, where one can view manatees underwater, at Lowery Park Zoo, in Tampa, FL.
- "The Oh of Pleasure" is also heard in the animated series Napoleon Dynamite, when Kip performs his illusionist trick in front of an audience.
- AllMusic review
- RIAA Gold & Platinum Database
- Celestial Soda Pop: Music Sample
- The Oh of Pleasure: Music Sample
- Falling In The Garden: Music Sample
- Your Feeling Shoulders: Music Sample
- Rhythm in the Pews: Music Sample
- Kathleen's Song: Music Sample
- Pastorale: Music Sample
- Tiny Geometries: Music Sample