Deep Sea Arcade
|Deep Sea Arcade|
|Origin||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
|Genres||Neo-psychedelia, Indie rock, psychedelic pop, pop rock|
|Labels||Chugg Music,Speak N Spell, Ivy League Records|
Nic Mckenzie - vocals, keyboards
Nick Weaver - guitar
Mody Grant -guitar
Xavier Diekman - drums
Deep Sea Arcade are a psychedelic indie rock band from Sydney, Australia.
The group began as a home recording project for founding members Nic McKenzie and Nick Weaver while in their mid teens, using four-track tape recorders, broadcast microphones, analog synths and unconventional computer programs.
Their debut album Outlands received a worldwide release in 2012 through Ivy League Records, with singles heavily supported in Australia by Triple J (Feature Album) and FBi Radio (Feature Album), in the UK by BBC 1, BBC Radio 6, and XFM, in America by KROQ and KCRW, and in Europe by 3FM.
The band have played sold-out tours across venues in Australia’s major cities, as well as having a spot on Australiaʼs prestigious Big Day Out festival, the band have been on the road with Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Temples, The Charlatans, Girls, Kaiser Chiefs, Cloud Control and Modest Mouse. They have also toured the UK and Europe extensively, including appearances at Lowlands Festival (Netherlands), Wilderness Festival (UK), Secret Garden Party (UK) Primavera Sound Festival (Spain), Reeperbahn Festival (Germany), Live at Leeds (UK) Liverpool Sound City (UK) The Great Escape (UK), and sold-out headline shows in the UK.
In 2013, Deep Sea Arcade signed to Australian music veteran Michael Chugg’s newest business division, Chugg Music, joining an eclectic roster of unique Australian talent including Megan Washington, Sheppard, The Griswolds and Major Leagues.
“Deep Sea Arcade are one of the best bands in Australia, and we're very excited to be working with them, along with the rest of our Chugg Music roster,” Chugg said. “They have been selling out shows all over Europe and playing the biggest festivals. It won't be long before the whole world knows them and we're pretty excited to be a part of it.”
Deep Sea Arcade are currently preparing to launch the next highly anticipated stage of their careers following the outstanding reception given to Outlands. They resided in London over the English Spring and Summer of 2013 to work on their follow-up record, working with UK heavyweight producer/mixer Dan Grech-Marguerat (Lana Del Rey, The Vaccines).
- Nic Mckenzie
- Nick Weaver
- Lowlands Festival - Biddinghuizen, Netherlands (2013)
- Noorderzon Festival - Groningen, Netherlands (2013)
- Big Day Out - Australia, (2013)
- Peats Ridge Festival, Glenworth Valley, NSW, Australia, (2012)
- Reeperbahn Festival - Hamburg, Germany, (2012)
- San Miguel Primavera Sound – Barcelona, Spain (2011)
- The Great Escape Festival – Brighton, UK (2011)
- Peats Ridge Festival – Glenworth Valley, NSW, Australia, (2010)
- Granite City Tour
- Outlands Tour - Switzerland, Germany, France, Belgium - (2012)
- Girls Tour - England (2011)
- Lonely In Your Arms 7" Tour - Spain, England (2011)
- Black Cat Tour - September 2013
- Granite City Tour - Nov 2012
- Outlands Album Tour – June 2012
- Girls Single Tour – November 2011
- Co-headline with Surf City – February, 2011
- "Seen No Right" (30 May 2012, Ivy League Records)
- "Steam" (13 February 2012, Ivy League Records)
- "Girls" (26 September 2011, Ivy League Records)
- Don't Be Sorry EP (2010)