|This article does not cite any references or sources. (June 2007)|
Deepti is a common Indian feminine name. This name has a variety of meanings. From Sanskrit Deeptha, means light, glow, shine, brilliant or a person who spreads light to people around or deepti means the last ray of hope when all hope is lost. It basically means a bright flame that blinds the eye. It is also known by the spelling Deepthi in south India and Deepti/Dipti in north India.
- Deepti is one of the names of Goddess Lakshmi
- Deepti Salgaonkar is the daughter of Dhirubhai Ambani. She is sister of Mukesh and Anil Ambani.
- Deepti Bhatnagar, Indian film and television actress
- Deepti Naval, famous art film actress
- Deepthi Nambiar, upcoming Tamil and Malayalam film actress
- Deepti Gupta, film and TV actress
- Deepti Pradhan, research scientist