Phoenix Deer Valley Airport
|Phoenix Deer Valley Airport|
|USGS aerial image, 1997|
|IATA: DVT – ICAO: KDVT – FAA LID: DVT|
|Owner||City of Phoenix|
|Elevation AMSL||1,478 ft / 450 m|
|Based aircraft (2008)||987|
|Sources: FAA, ACI|
Phoenix Deer Valley Airport (IATA: DVT, ICAO: KDVT, FAA LID: DVT) is a public airport 17 miles north of Phoenix, in Maricopa County, Arizona. It is owned by the City of Phoenix. The FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013 categorized it as a reliever airport for Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.
In 2009 Deer Valley was the 14th busiest general aviation airport in the United States. There is no scheduled airline, but charter service is available through several companies. Two large flight training academies, Westwind School of Aeronautics and TransPac Aviation Academy, are located at Deer Valley. These two schools account for most operations.
Facilities and aircraft
In 2008 the airport had 376,504 aircraft operations, average 1,031 per day: 65% general aviation, 35% military and <1% airline. 987 aircraft were then based at the airport: 85% single-engine, 10% multi-engine, 2% jet, 2% helicopter, <1% glider, and <1% military.
- FAA Airport Master Record for DVT ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 29 July 2010.
- 2009 Busiest Airports by Aircraft Movements
- National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013: Appendix A: Part 1 (PDF, 1.33 MB). Federal Aviation Administration. Updated 15 October 2008.
- City of Phoenix web site
- Plane Crash at Deer Valley - Aug 4, 2010
- Phoenix Deer Valley Airport, official site
- Phoenix Deer Valley Airport at Arizona DOT website
- Deer Valley Flying Club
- Phoenix Flyers Flying Club
- Westwind School of Aeronautics
- TransPac Aviation Academy
- Westwind Air Service (charters)
- (PDF), effective March 6, 2014
- FAA Terminal Procedures for DVT, effective March 6, 2014
- Resources for this airport:
- FAA airport information for DVT
- AirNav airport information for KDVT
- GlobalAir airport information for DVT
- ASN accident history for DVT
- FlightAware airport information and live flight tracker
- NOAA/NWS latest weather observations
- SkyVector aeronautical chart, Terminal Procedures
- OpenNav airspace and charts for KDVT