Deer Creek Township, Pickaway County, Ohio
|Deer Creek Township, Pickaway County, Ohio|
|— Township —|
|Bazore Mill, a historic site in the township|
|• Total||36.3 sq mi (93.9 km2)|
|• Land||36.3 sq mi (93.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||761 ft (232 m)|
|• Density||45.3/sq mi (17.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086794|
Deer Creek Township is one of the fifteen townships of Pickaway County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 1,644 people in the township, 642 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the southwestern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Jackson Township - northeast
- Wayne Township - east
- Deerfield Township, Ross County - south
- Perry Township - west
- Monroe Township - northwest
The village of Williamsport is located in northern Deer Creek Township.
Name and history 
Statewide, the only other Deer Creek Township is located in Madison County.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Pickaway County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.