Deerfield Beach (Tri-Rail station)
SFRTA – Tri-Rail
|Address||1300 West Hillsboro Boulevard
Deerfield Beach, Florida
|Connections|| Broward County Transit
SFRTA shuttle bus
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Owned by||State of Florida|
|Passengers (2013)||30,048 6.6% (Amtrak)|
Old Seaboard Air Line Railway Station
|Location||Deerfield Beach, Florida|
|Architectural style||Mediterranean Revival|
|NRHP Reference #||90000597|
|Added to NRHP||April 5, 1990|
Deerfield Beach Station, also known as the Old Deerfield Beach Seaboard Air Line Railway Station, is a train station in Deerfield Beach, Broward County, Florida, which is served by Amtrak intercity rail and Tri-Rail commuter rail.
Located at 1300 West Hillsboro Boulevard (SR 810), just east of North Military Trail (SR 809), the station was built in 1926 by the Seaboard Air Line Railway. It shares the same Mediterranean Revival design as the Delray Beach Seaboard station and the Homestead Seaboard station. Those design features include arched entryways, arcades, stuccoed walls, and a barrel-tiled roof. The station was placed on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places on April 5, 1990.
In 2010, the Florida Department of Transportation finished a restoration of the historic station. The $380,000 project included a new roof, interior improvements to the lobby and restrooms, repairs to the exterior walls, and installation of new air conditioning units.
Local public transit systems provide bus services connecting to the station. Passengers must access BCT Route 48 and Deerfield Beach Express I from Hillsboro Boulevard.
|Broward County Transit|
|48||Hillsboro Boulevard at US 441 - Deerfield Beach Pier via Hillsboro Boulevard||Timetable|
|DB 1||Camino Real via Hillsboro Boulevard, Dixie Highway, Federal Highway (US 1)|
|DB 2||Newport Center via Hillsboro Boulevard, 12th Avenue, 10th Street, Military Trail, and Goolsby Blvd|
|Deerfield Beach Express|
|Express I||Community bus service, operating on weekdays only||Timetable|
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2013, State of Florida" (PDF). Amtrak. December 2013. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- Broward County listings at the National Register of Historic Places
- Great American Stations. Accessed March 12, 2013.
- South Florida Railway Museum:History
- South Florida Regional Transportation Authority – Deerfield Beach Station
Media related to Deerfield Beach (Tri-Rail station) at Wikimedia Commons
- Amtrak – Stations – Deerfield Beach, FL
- South Florida Regional Transportation Authority - Deerfield Beach Station
- Deerfield Beach Amtrak/Tri-Rail Station (USA Rail Guide – TrainWeb)
- South Florida Railway Museum
- Deerfield Beach (DFB)--Great American Stations (Amtrak)