Deerfield Township, Portage County, Ohio
|Deerfield Township, Ohio|
|— Township —|
|• Total||26.5 sq mi (68.5 km2)|
|• Land||22.7 sq mi (58.9 km2)|
|• Water||3.7 sq mi (9.6 km2)|
|Elevation||1,050 ft (320 m)|
|• Density||141.2/sq mi (54.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086825|
Located in the southeastern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Palmyra Township - north
- Milton Township, Mahoning County - northeast corner
- Berlin Township, Mahoning County - east
- Smith Township, Mahoning County - south
- Lexington Township, Stark County - southwest
- Atwater Township - west
- Edinburg Township - northwest corner
No municipalities are located in Deerfield Township.
Formed from the Connecticut Western Reserve, Deerfield Township covers an area of 25 sq mi (65 km2).
Name and history 
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Portage County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.