Def Jam's How to Be a Player
|How to Be a Player|
|Produced by||Todd R. Baker
Preston L. Holmes
|Written by||Mark Brown
Jermaine 'Huggy' Hopkins
and Bernie Mac
|Music by||Darren Floyd|
|Distributed by||Gramercy Pictures|
|Release dates||August 6, 1997|
|Running time||93 min.|
Def Jam's How to Be a Player is a 1997 comedy film, starring Bill Bellamy, Natalie Desselle and Bernie Mac. The film was directed by Lionel C. Martin, and written by Mark Brown and Demetria Johnson. The film is rated R for crude humor, and sex-related activities.
Drayton "Dray" Jackson (Bill Bellamy) is a playboy with only one goal in his life: to have sex with as many women as possible. While he is doing that, he is busy trying to keep these women a secret from his girlfriend, Lisa (Lark Voorhies). But, Dray's sister, Jenny, (Natalie Desselle-Reid) and her friend Katrina (Mari Morrow) strategize to invite all the women Dray has been playing to the same party that he is attending. He begins to make the moves on his sister's friend, almost succeeding until the one girl he really has true feelings for shows up at the door.
- Bill Bellamy — Drayton "Dray" Jackson
- Natalie Desselle-Reid — Jenny Jackson
- Lark Voorhies — Lisa
- Mari Morrow — Katrina (Jenny's Friend)
- Pierre Edwards — David
- Bernie Mac — Buster
- Jermaine 'Huggy' Hopkins — Kilo
- Anthony Johnson — Spootie
- Max Julien — Uncle Fred
- Beverly Johnson — Robin
- Gilbert Gottfried — Tony the Doorman
- Stacii Jae Johnson — Sherri
- Elise Neal — Nadine
- J. Anthony Brown — Uncle Snook
- Amber Smith — Amber
- Marta Cunningham - C.C.
|Year||Album||Peak chart positions||Certifications|
|1997||How to Be a Player
- (n.d).How to be a Player(1997).Yahoo Movies.August 22, 2010. from http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1800289741/details .
|This film article about a 1990s comedy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|