Defamation Act is a stock short title used for legislation in Australia, New Zealand, in the Republic of Ireland and in the United Kingdom relating to defamation. It supersedes the short title Libel Act.
The Bill for an Act with this short title will have been known as a Defamation Bill during its passage through Parliament.
Defamation Acts may be a generic name either for legislation bearing that short title or for all legislation which relates to defamation.
- Defamation Act 2005
- The Defamation Act 1954
- The Defamation Ordinance 1887
Republic of Ireland
- The Defamation Act 1961 (No.40)
- The Defamation Act 2009
- The Defamation Act 1952 (15 & 16 Geo 6 & 1 Eliz 2 c 66)
- The Defamation Act 1996 (c 31)
- The Defamation Act 2013
- The Defamation Act (Northern Ireland) 1955 (c 11) (N.I.)