From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up definition in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Generally, a definition delimits or describes the meaning of a concept or term.
Definition may also refer one of the following.
Science, mathematics and computing
- In computer programming languages, a declaration that reserves memory for a variable or gives the body of a subroutine
- Defining equation (physics), physical quantities defined in terms of others, in the form of an equation
- Defining equation (physical chemistry), physico-chemical quantities defined in terms of others, in the form of an equation
- Dynamical system (definition), description of a mathematical model, determined by a system of coupled differential equations
Music and TV
- Definition (album), a 1992 studio album by American crossover thrash band Dirty Rotten Imbeciles
- Definition (TV series), a long-running Canadian game show of the 1970s and 1980s
- Definition (EP), a 2001 EP by punk rock band Jersey
- Definition (song), a 1998 song by Black Star
- Defined (album), a 2005 operatic pop album
- Definitions (How I Met Your Mother), a 2009 television episode
- Definitions (Plato), a dictionary of about 185 philosophical terms sometimes included in the corpus of Plato's works
- Dogmatic definition, the pronunciation of religious doctrine by a Pope or an ecumenical council
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Definition.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.