From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up deflation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Deflation may also refer to:
- A release or escape of air or gas from an inflatable, resulting in its shrinking or collapsing
- The Great Deflation, a period of worldwide economic deflation occurring roughly between the years 1870–1890
- DEFLATE (algorithm), a widely used lossless compression algorithm originating from the program PKZIP
- Eolian erosion, also called deflation
- Deflation (film), a 2001 short film
- Dividing a polynomial by a linear factor which decreases its degree by one. This is done for example in the Jenkins-Traub algorithm.
- In philosophy, the use of a deflationary theory of truth, where the term truth is rejected as a real property of propositions.
- Inflation (disambiguation), the antonym of deflation.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.