|• Arabic||دير رازح|
|• Also spelled||Khirbet Deir Razih (official)
Dayr Razih (unofficial)
|• Type||Local Development Committee|
|• Jurisdiction||540 dunams (0.5 km2 or 0.2 sq mi)|
|Name meaning||"the ruin of the monastery of the man of Rai"|
Deir Razih (Arabic: دير رازح) is a Palestinian village in the southern West Bank located 11 kilometers (6.8 mi) southwest of Hebron, in the Hebron Governorate. It relies mainly on nearby Dura for basic services. Its total land area is made of 540 dunams, including its built-up area.
British Mandate era
In the summer of 2007, a group of Israeli settlers from Otni'el accompanied by soldiers and a bulldozers entered village lands and uprooted 150 olive, almond and pine trees. Having done this they, also, set fire to the land causing damage to crops and pastures. Fire brigades from the Palestinian municipalities of Dura and as as-Samu' extinguish the fires soon after.
Deir Razih had a population of 130 in 1961. In the 1997 census by the Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics (PCBS), the village had a total population of 236, of which 11.9% were Palestinian refugees. By mid-year 2006, there were 328 inhabitants. However, the PCBS census of 2007 revealed that the population was 268. Deir Razih is inhabited by the extended families of Amru, Abu Arqub, Hija, and the al-Azazmeh Bedouins. Most residents depend on agriculture as main income.
- from Rey, Iran, according to Palmer, 1881, p. 398
- Background to Deir Razih Applied Research Institute - Jerusalem. 1 April 2008.
- Guérin, 1869, pp. 209-210
- Conder and Kitchener, 1883, SWP III, p. 353
- Mills, 1932, p. 32
- Palestinian Population by Locality and Refugee Status Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics (PCBS).
- Projected Mid -Year Population for Hebron Governorate by Locality 2004- 2006 Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics (PCBS).
- 2007 PCBS Census Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics. p.118.
- Conder, Claude Reignier; Kitchener, H. H. (1883). The Survey of Western Palestine: Memoirs of the Topography, Orography, Hydrography, and Archaeology 3. London: Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund.
- Guérin, Victor (1869). Description Géographique Historique et Archéologique de la Palestine (in French). 1: Judee, pt. 3. Paris: L'Imprimerie Nationale.
- Mills, E., ed. (1932). Census of Palestine 1931. Population of Villages, Towns and Administrative Areas (PDF). Jerusalem: Government of Palestine.
- Palmer, E. H. (1881). The Survey of Western Palestine: Arabic and English Name Lists Collected During the Survey by Lieutenants Conder and Kitchener, R. E. Transliterated and Explained by E.H. Palmer. Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund.
- Survey of Western Palestine, Map 21: IAA, Wikimedia commons
- Welcome To Kh. Dayr Razih
- Deir Razih Village (Fact Sheet)
- Deir Razih Village Profile
- Deir Razih Village Area Photo
- The priorities and needs for development in Deir Razih village based on the community and local authorities’ assessment