Deirdre Griswold was a third-party candidate for President of the United States in the United States presidential election, 1980, representing the communist Workers World Party. Her running mate was Gavrielle Holmes.
She is the daughter of Vincent Copeland, one of the founders of the party. Her mother, Elizabeth Ross Copeland, and paternal aunt, Cynthia Cochran, were also communists.
She has edited communist publication Workers World for several decades.
- China; the struggle within from the pages of Workers World (1972) (with Sam Marcy and Naomi Cohen)
- The Ethiopian Revolution and the Struggle Against U.S. Imperialism (1978)
- Eyewitness Ethiopia: The continuing revolution (1979)
- Indonesia: The Bloodbath that Was (1975)
- Indonesia: The Second Greatest Crime of the Century (1978) ISBN 0-89567-003-8
|Party political offices|
|Workers World Party Presidential candidate
Larry Holmes and Gavrielle Holmes
|This American politician–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|