Delaware Department of Transportation
|Preceding Agency||Delaware State Highway Department|
|Agency executive||Jennifer Cohan, Secretary of Transportation|
|Parent agency||State of Delaware|
The department's responsibilities include maintaining 89 percent of the state's public roadways totaling 13,507 lane miles, overseeing the "Adopt-A-Highway" program, snow removal, the Department of Motor Vehicles and the Delaware Transit Corporation (known as DART First State).
DelDOT maintains a 24/7 Traffic Management Center in Smyrna, Delaware at the State Emergency Operations Center. At that location, they monitor traffic conditions, operate traffic lights, and broadcast on 1380 AM via WTMC radio.
Since 1969, the agency has also maintained a transportation library on Bay Road in Dover.
On February 18, 2011, Sec. Carolann Wicks, who had been Secretary of Transportation since 2006, resigned. On March 21, 2011, Cleon Cauley, who had been appointed Deputy Secretary two months earlier, was appointed Acting Secretary. On July 5, 2011, Shailen Bhatt was sworn in as the new Secretary of Transportation. On February 3, 2015 Jennifer Cohan was sworn in as the tenth Secretary of Transportation by Governor Jack Markell. Secretary Cohan replaces Shailen Bhatt who stepped down to become the Executive Director for the Colorado Department of Transportation. 
- "Department of Transportation Secretary Bhatt Sworn-In by Governor Markell". Delaware Department of Transportation. July 5, 2011. Retrieved July 8, 2011.
- "Contact Information." Delaware Department of Transportation. Retrieved on October 25, 2009.
- Delaware Transportation Facts. Delaware Department of Transportation. 2009. Retrieved April 16, 2012.
- "DE Transit – DART First State Garners Prestigious 2003 APTA National Public Transportation System Outstanding Achievement Award". State of Delaware. July 9, 2003. Retrieved May 11, 2011.
- "Governor Accepts Resignation of Transportation Secretary Wicks". February 18, 2011. Retrieved May 11, 2011.
- Kelli Steele (March 17, 2011). "Cleon Cauley Appointed Acting DelDOT Secretary". WGMD.Com. Retrieved May 11, 2011.
- Chad Livengood (December 2, 2010). "DelDOT gets new deputy secretary". Delaware Online (Gannett). Retrieved May 11, 2011.
|This article about transportation in Delaware is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
- name|Jennifer Cohan Sworn In as Tenth Secretary of Transportation by Governor Jack Markell date| February 4, 2014