Del Kathryn Barton
|Del Kathryn Barton|
2008 You are what is most beautiful about me, a self portrait with Kell and Arella
She studied at the College of Fine Arts of the University of New South Wales, graduating with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in 1993. She was later employed at the College as a lecturer. She has held numerous solo exhibitions in Sydney and Melbourne since her first in 1995.
On 7 March 2008, it was announced that Barton had won the 2008 Archibald Prize for portraiture, for You are what is most beautiful about me, a self portrait with Kell and Arella, a self-portrait with her two children. Barton said of the portrait: "This painting celebrates the love I have for my two children and how my relationship with them has radically informed and indeed transformed my understanding of who I am". In 2013, she won the Archibald Prize for her portrait of actor Hugo Weaving.
She is represented by Roslyn Oxley9 Gallery, Sydney, Australia.
- ABC News Online Archibald Prize Winner declared 22 March 2013
- Del Kathryn Barton Biography, Karen Woodbury Gallery.
- Del Kathryn Barton, Lost at E Minor.
- Del Kathryn Barton wins Archibald, The Sydney Morning Herald, 7 March 2008.
- Syllabus Connections: The Archibald Prize and Portraiture, Archibald Prize, 2008.
for You are what is most beautiful about me,
a self portrait with Kell and Arella
- Del Kathryn Barton 2008 exhibition Karen Woodbury Gallery, Melbourne
- Del Kathryn Barton 2005 exhibition Karen Woodbury Gallery, Melbourne
- Del Kathryn Barton, Wilderness exhibition
- Behind the scenes of ARTIST PROFILE Issue 15's cover shoot, inside Barton's studio
- Del Kathryn Barton interview with Owen Craven, 2011, ARTIST PROFILE Issue 15, pp. 52–60
- Karen Woodbury Gallery, Melbourne, Australia
- Del Kathryn Barton on Artabase
- The Australian, Del Kathryn Barton
- The Sydney Morning Herald, Del Kathryn Barton
- The Age, Del Kathryn Barton
- Art & Australia, Emerging artists, Del kathryn Barton