Delaware, Warren County, New Jersey
|Delaware, New Jersey|
|Census designated place|
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|• Total||0.410 sq mi (1.063 km2)|
|• Land||0.380 sq mi (0.985 km2)|
|• Water||0.030 sq mi (0.078 km2) 7.38%|
|Elevation||292 ft (89 m)|
|Population (2010 Census)|
|• Density||394.6/sq mi (152.4/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||02583982|
Delaware (also known as Delaware Station) is an unincorporated community and census designated place (CDP) located within Knowlton Township in Warren County, New Jersey, United States, United States, that was created as part of the 2010 United States Census. As of the 2010 Census, the CDP's population was 150. The area is served as United States Postal Service ZIP code 07833.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP had a total area of 0.410 square miles (1.063 km2), of which, 0.380 square miles (0.985 km2) of it was land and 0.030 square miles (0.078 km2) of it (7.38%) was water.
At the 2010 United States Census, there were 150 people, 60 households, and 46.02 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 394.6 per square mile (152.4/km2). There were 70 housing units at an average density of 184.1 per square mile (71.1/km2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 88.67% (133) White, 0.00% (0) Black or African American, 0.00% (0) Native American, 4.67% (7) Asian, 0.00% (0) Pacific Islander, 5.33% (8) from other races, and 1.33% (2) from two or more races. Hispanics or Latinos of any race were 10.67% (16) of the population.
There were 60 households, of which 30.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 66.7% were married couples living together, 8.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 23.3% were non-families. 18.3% of all households were made up of individuals, and 8.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.50 and the average family size was 2.83.
In the CDP, 18.7% of the population were under the age of 18, 6.0% from 18 to 24, 22.7% from 25 to 44, 38.7% from 45 to 64, and 14.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 45.8 years. For every 100 females there were 117.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 110.3 males.
- Gazetteer of New Jersey Places, United States Census Bureau. Accessed June 13, 2013.
- US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990, United States Census Bureau. Accessed September 4, 2014.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Delaware Census Designated Place, Geographic Names Information System. Accessed June 3, 2013
- DP-1 - Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data for Delaware CDP, New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed June 3, 2013.
- Look Up a ZIP Code for Delaware, NJ, United States Postal Service. Accessed June 3, 2013.
- American FactFinder, United States Census Bureau. Accessed September 4, 2014.
- A Cure for the Common Codes: New Jersey, Missouri Census Data Center. Accessed June 3, 2013.
- US Board on Geographic Names, United States Geological Survey. Accessed September 4, 2014.
- GCT-PH1 - Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place from the 2010 Census Summary File 1 for Warren County, New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed June 4, 2013.
- 2006-2010 American Community Survey Geography for New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed June 4, 2013.
- New Jersey: 2010 - Population and Housing Unit Counts - 2010 Census of Population and Housing (CPH-2-32), United States Census Bureau, p. III-5, August 2012. Accessed June 4, 2013. "Warren County—Name Changes: Beattystown CDP name corrected from Beatyestown; New CDPs: Allamuchy (formed from part of deleted Allamuchy-Panther Valley CDP), Anderson, Asbury, Blairstown, Brainards, Bridgeville, Broadway, Brookfield, Buttzville, Columbia, Delaware, Delaware Park, Finesville, Great Meadows (formed from part of deleted Great Meadows-Vienna CDP and additional area), Greenwich, Hainesburg, Harmony, Hope, Hutchinson, Johnsonburg, Lopatcong Overlook, Marksboro, Mountain Lake, Mount Hermon, New Village, Panther Valley (formed from part of deleted Allamuchy-Panther Valley CDP), Port Colden, Port Murray, Silver Lake, Stewartsville, Upper Pohatcong, Upper Stewartsville, and Vienna (formed from part of deleted Great Meadows-Vienna and additional area)"
- DP-1 - Profile of General Demographic Characteristics: 2000; Census 2000 Summary File 1 (SF 1) 100-Percent Data for ZCTA5 07833, United States Census Bureau. Accessed June 3, 2013.