Delaware County Regional Airport
|Delaware County Regional Airport|
|IATA: MIE – ICAO: KMIE – FAA LID: MIE|
|Owner||Delaware County Airport Authority|
|Elevation AMSL||937 ft / 286 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Delaware County Regional Airport (IATA: MIE, ICAO: KMIE, FAA LID: MIE) is a public use airport in Delaware County, Indiana, United States. It is located three nautical miles (6 km) northwest of the central business district of Muncie, Indiana. Owned by the Delaware County Airport Authority, it was formerly known as Delaware County Airport or Johnson Field. This airport is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft
Delaware County Regional Airport covers an area of 963 acres (390 ha) at an elevation of 937 feet (286 m) above mean sea level. It has two runways with asphalt surfaces: 14/32 is 6,500 by 150 feet (1,981 x 46 m) and 2/20 is 5,198 by 100 feet (1,584 x 30 m).
For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2010, the airport had 23,644 aircraft operations, an average of 64 per day: 95% general aviation, 3% military, 2% air taxi, and 0% scheduled commercial. At that time there were 22 aircraft based at this airport: 86.5% single-engine, 4.5% multi-engine, 4.5% jet, and 4.5% helicopter.
- Muncie Aviation Company, the fixed base operator (FBO).
- Kacy J's, a restaurant located at the airport.
- FAA Airport Master Record for MIE ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
- "Delaware County Regional Airport". Small Community Air Service Development Program. August 2010.
- "IATA Airport Code Search (MIE: Delaware County)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved August 8, 2013.
- "KMIE – Delaware County Airport (Johnson Field)". FAA data republished by AirNav. Effective February 11, 2010. Archived from the original on April 7, 2010.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- "Muncie Aviation Company". Official site. Retrieved August 8, 2013.
- "Kacy J's". Official site. Retrieved August 8, 2013.
- Aerial photo from Indiana DOT at the Wayback Machine (archived August 15, 2010)
- Aerial image as of April 1998 from USGS The National Map
- (PDF), effective November 14, 2013
- FAA Terminal Procedures for MIE, effective November 14, 2013
- Resources for this airport: