Delfin Albano, Isabela
Map of Isabela showing the location of Delfin Albano
|Region||Cagayan Valley (Region II)|
|District||1st District of Isabela|
|• Mayor||Tomas A. Pua Jr.|
|• Total||189.00 km2 (72.97 sq mi)|
|• Density||130/km2 (350/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|Income class||4th class; rural|
Delfin Albano is a fourth class municipality in the province of Isabela, Philippines. The municipality was formerly known as Magsaysay. It was named after the former congressman, Delfin Albano. According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 25,422 people.
In 1957, the barrios of San Antonio, San Juan, Ragan Sur, Ragan Norte, Ragan Almacen, San Jose (Bulo), San Patricio, Quibal, San Andres (Lattu), Calinawan Sur, Bayabo, Santor, Sto. Rosario, Andarayan, Aneg, San Isidro, Mawi, San Roque, Carmencita, Aga, Villa Pareda, Villaluz, San Pedro, Concepcion, Sammabario and San Nicolas and the sitios of Turod, Paco, Calamagui and Kim-malabasa, were separated from the municipality of Tumauini to form the town of Magsaysay.
The Municipality of Delfin Albano is located at 38 kilometres (24 mi) northwest of Ilagan City, the capital city of the Province of Isabela. The town is bounded on the north by the municipality of Santo Tomas, on the east by the Cagayan River, on the west by the municipalities of Quezon and Mallig, and on the south by the municipality of Quirino and the Ilagan and the Mallig River.
Land Area and land use
The Municipality of Delfin Albano occupies a total land area of 19,000 hectares, which is further subdivided among the 29 barangays. The total land area contains varied land use, which were developed in response to population and economic growth of the total land area, to wit: agriculture (59.04%), built-up areas (2.74%), forest (4.74%), open grass lands (30.15), and road and water bodies (3.33%).
- Calinaoan Sur
- Ragan Almacen
- Ragan Norte
- Ragan Sur (Pob.)
- San Andres
- San Antonio
- San Isidro
- San Jose
- San Juan
- San Macario
- San Nicolas (Fusi)
- San Patricio
- San Roque
- Santo Rosario
- Villa Luz
- Villa Pereda
|Population census of Delfin Albano|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 11 September 2013. Retrieved 9 January 2014.
- "Province: ISABELA". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 9 January 2014.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010". 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 9 January 2014.
- "R.A. No. 2009, An Act Creating the Municipality of Magsaysay in the Province of Isabela". PhilippineLaw.info. Retrieved 2013-07-18.
- "Delfin Albano Geographical Location". Retrieved 2008-01-22.
- "Delfin Albano Land Area and Land Use". Retrieved 2008-01-22.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Municipality of Delfin Albano
- Delfin Albano Isabela Website
- Local Governance Performance Management System