Delhi Gurgaon Expressway
|Delhi Gurgaon Expressway|
|Length:||28 km (17 mi)|
|History:||Completed in 2008|
|Major cities:||Delhi, Gurgaon|
The expressway is a part of the Golden Quadrilateral project, which itself is a part of the National Highway Development Project (NHDP) and emphasizes improving road connectivity between four metropolitan cities of India, namely Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata by developing 4–6 lane highways between them. The 10 billion (US$168.0 million), 47.7 km (29.6 mi) expressway was thrown open on January 23, 2008. It has helped reduce travel time of hundreds of thousands of commuters and international air passengers. Vehicle users have to pay a toll for using the expressway, which is collected at three points, near the Indira Gandhi International Airport, the Delhi-Gurgaon Border and the 42nd Milestone.Now the Delhi Gurgaon Toll plaza has been removed by the government on a court order. The iDFC has taken the control from DSC. This expressway is constructed by DSC Limited.
This expressway is the busiest inter-city route in India and handles more than 180,000 PCUs daily.
- Starts at Dhaula Kuan in Delhi and terminates on the outskirts of Gurgaon (Manesar)
- The road has 11 flyovers and overpasses.
- Four toll plazas including the 32-lane toll plaza at Delhi-Haryana Border, which is the biggest toll plaza in South Asia and the second biggest in the Asia.
- CCTV surveillance till Indira Gandhi International Airport
- SOS one-way telephones at every 1.5 km (0.93 mi)
- Elevated sections of the expressway are open only for vehicles capable of attaining speeds of 80–100 km/h.
- 47 km (29 mi) of service roads for local and slow moving traffic.
- Delhi Development Authority (DDA)
- Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA)
- National Highways Authority of India (NHAI)
- Central Road Research Institute (CRRI)
- Expressways in India
- List of National Highways in India by highway number
- Highways passing from Delhi
- Indian Highways
- National Highways Development Project
- Delhi Noida Direct Flyway
- "Excess cars made tolling a taxing truth at first: Expressway builder". Express India. Retrieved 2010-09-16.
- TNN, Jan 8, 2009, 03.35am IST (2009-01-08). "Easy entry for Visa card holders- Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2010-09-16.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Delhi Gurgaon Expressway.|