Delhi 2 Dublin
|Delhi 2 Dublin|
The band performing at the 2012 Sunfest music festival. From left in front: Andrew Kim, Ravi Binning, Sanjay Seran and Sara Fitzpatrick. In back on riser: Tarun Nayar
|Origin||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|Labels||CD Baby, Disc Makers|
|Associated acts||Diamond Duggal|
Delhi 2 Dublin was formed for a performance at the Vancouver Celtic Festival on 16 March 2006. Their music was well received, and the group stayed together and played various venues around Vancouver. They opened the Canada Day celebrations on Parliament Hill in Ottawa on 1 July 2007. Since 2008 their tour locations include both large cities such as Vancouver, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, as well as very small communities that host music festivals, such as Canmore AB, Lumby BC, Nakusp BC, Salmo BC, and Quincy CA. Their first tour outside North America was in Taiwan in August 2009.
Their Delhi 2 Dublin debut album, released 13 December 2007, reached #3 on the Canadian world music charts, and is heard on the radio from Japan, across North America and Europe. In November 2008 they released their second album, Delhi 2 Dublin Remixed, consisting of remixes of songs from their first album, and reached #1 on the CHARTattack world music charts Their third album, Planet Electric, charted third on the Canadian world music charts.
Their music video "Apples" was also screened at Deejay Ra's music video night in Toronto at the FILMI festival, North America's longest running South Asian film festival.
- Tarun Nayar - Tabla, Electronics
- Sara Fitzpatrick - Fiddle
- Sanjay Seran - vocals
- Andrew Kim - Electric Sitar, Guitar
- Ravi Binning - Dhol, Tabla
- Delhi 2 Dublin (Released 13 December 2007)
- Delhi 2 Dublin Remixed (Released 2008)
- Planet Electric (Released 4 May 2010)
- Planet: Electrified (Released 26 April 2011)
- Delhi to Dubland EP (Released 13 September 2011)
- Turn Up The Stereo (Released 28 August 2012)
- "About". Delhi2dublin.com. Retrieved 26 October 2011.
- "Past Gigs". Delhi2dublin.com. Retrieved 26 October 2011.
- 基隆中元 水燈「舞」夜. United Daily News (in Chinese). 31 August 2009. Retrieved 26 October 2011.
- Burland, Chris. "World/Folk Chart". Chart Attack. Retrieved 26 October 2011.
- "Delhi 2 Dublin". CBC Radio. Retrieved 26 October 2011.
- Burland, Chris. "World/Folk Chart For March 31, 2009". Chart Attack. Retrieved 26 October 2011.
- Burland, Chris. "World/Folk Chart For May 18, 2010". Chart Attack. Retrieved 26 October 2011.
- Bell, Mike (18 October 2011). "Delhi 2 Dublin’s global sound is ever evolving". Calgary Herald. Retrieved 26 October 2011.
- Morin, Chris (20 October 2011). "We Are The World: DELHI 2 DUBLIN". Planet S. Retrieved 26 October 2011.
- Zoratti, Jen (20 October 2011). "Delhi 2 Dublin destined for world domination". Uptown. Retrieved 26 October 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Delhi 2 Dublin.|
|This article about a Canadian band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|