Delhi Community Arena
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for geographic features. (July 2009)|
|Delhi Community Arena|
|Location||Delhi, Ontario, Canada|
|Owner||The Municipality of Norfolk County|
|Operator||The Municipality of Norfolk County|
Delhi Minor Hockey Association (Delhi Rockets)
Delhi Community Arena is a recreation center located in Delhi, Ontario, Canada. It is also known as the Delhi Community Centre. Located on 144 Western Avenue, the travel time from downtown is a very short driving distance away.
The community centre itself has an open concept seating plan that has a total capacity of 150 people. The local Harvestfest has their opening ceremonies held every year in this location on the middle of September.
Hockey teams from various age groups and levels compete here from the end of September to the end of March; including the Delhi Travellers minor league hockey team and the Delhi Rockets hockey team for children.
There is a baseball field complete with a concession stand located just outside of the premises for summer time diversions in addition to a swimming pool. Little league baseball games between early April and late August by the Delhi Minor Baseball organization (with an established history of providing children and youth with opportunities for local baseball). Frequent opponents include their rivals in the Simcoe Minor Baseball organizations and other teams in the Delhi area like Woodstock, Tillsonburg, and Langton.
- "Location information (reference #1)". Arena Maps. Retrieved 2008-11-04.
- "Location information (reference #2)". Got to Get! Ontario Minor Hockey. Retrieved 2008-11-04.
- "Delhi Community Centre Arena". Norfolk County web site. Retrieved 2012-09-29.
- "Pageantry to kick off Harvestfest". Delhi News Record. Retrieved 2012-09-29.
- "Hockey information". Rink Time. Retrieved 2008-11-04.
- "Delhi Rockets hockey team information". Delhi Rockets. Retrieved 2012-10-09.