|This article is outdated. (August 2012)|
|Locale||New Delhi, India|
|Transit type||straddle-beam Monorail|
|Number of lines||6 (proposed)|
|System length||approx. 90 kilometres (56 mi)|
The first proposed line in which work has been planned to start in mid-2013 will be
It is planned to complete by 2017 and wiil cost government Rs.2235 crores.It is expected to connect densely popualated Delhi areas where Metro could not reach.It will connect 3 Metro Lines: Red line (Dilshad Garden to Rithala) at Shastri Park .Blue Line (Anand Vihar to Dwarka Line) at Nirman Vihar and proposed Mukundpur to Yamuna Vihar at TriLokPuri. It will start in East New Delhi by end of 2017.
- From Rohini Sector 21 to Red Fort via Wazir Pur - Shakti Nagar - Anand Parbat -Ajmeri Gate - Delhi Gate (Delhi) Length of this line would be 28.5 km
- From Kalyanpuri to Pul Mithai via Scope Minar - Geeta Colony -Shanti Van- Red Fort - Old Delhi Railway Station. Length of this line would be 15.5 km
- From Gulabi Bagh to Delhi University via Shakti Nagar - Kamla Nagar - Guru Teg Bahadur Road. Length of this line would be 3.8 km
Total length of Phase I would be 47.8 km.
Other lines which are being proposed in addition to Phase I are:
- From Badarpur to Mehrauli.
- From Qutab Minar to Dwarka via Vasant Kunj - IGI airport.
- From Saket to IG Stadium via Siri Fort - South Extension - JLN Stadium - New Delhi Railway Station.
Only the Feasibility study has been completed for Phase-I corridor(s), till date and the project have came to a halt for now.
- "The Economic Times :Delhi’s first monorail project put on track". economictimes.indiatimes.com. 2013-01-17. Retrieved 2013-01-17.
- "The Economic Times :Work on monorail project to start next month". economictimes.indiatimes.com. 2013-01-16. Retrieved 2013-01-17.
- Sujay Mehdudia (2010-01-21). "The Hindu : Cities / Delhi : Delhi likely to get monorail". Beta.thehindu.com. Retrieved 2010-08-11.
- Megha Suri, TNN, 21 February 2008, 07:56pm IST (2008-02-21). "Monorail to hit Delhi streets by 2010 - Delhi - City - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2010-08-11.