Delhi Public School, Bokaro
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2012)|
|Delhi Public School, Bokaro Steel City|
Service Before Self
|Bokaro, Jharkhand, India|
|Established||July 2, 1987|
|Founder||Dr. M.S. Tyagi|
|Principal||Mrs. Paramjeet Kaur (Principal In-charge)|
|Advisor||Dr. (Mrs.) Hemlata S. Mohan|
|Number of students||3700 +|
|Colour(s)||Green and white|
|Affiliations||Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi Public School Society|
Delhi Public School, Bokaro Steel City, or DPS Bokaro, was established in May 1987 as an English medium co-educational school affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, India. The school is run by the Delhi Public School Society, New Delhi, a non-profit making society. Dr. M S Tyagi was the first principal of the school. Mrs. Paramjeet Kaur is the present Principal In-charge. The school motto is Service Before Self.
The school has two campuses in the town. The Junior Wing has students from Nursery to class 5th, and is located in Sector V. The Senior Wing is for students from classes 6th to 12th. It is located in the heart of the city over a couple of acres in Sector IV. 
The school has library facilities in both the buildings of the school. The facility is available to students of the school during the school hours. All classes from class I onwards are provided with at least one library period per week.
- Computer centre
There are computer labs in both wings of the school. In the senior school all computers are interconnected with LAN and WLAN. Computer education is provided from class I onwards.
High speed (broadband) Internet and email facilities are available in the school. All students of classes VI to XII have access to these facilities. Interactive Voice Response system enables parents to know about their wards, on an automated telephone system. Interactive Smart Board enabled Class from Nursery to XII.
The school laboratories include physics lab, chemistry lab, biology lab, language lab, quiz lab, maths lab, audio – visual hall, social science lab, photography lab, and eco club.
- Games and sports
- The campus includes a full-sized playground with football field, cricket pitches for net practices, volleyball courts, basketball courts, kho-kho and kabaddi courts. There are sand-pits, swing, slides and see-saws for the primary students.
- There is a gymnasium for work-outs and exercises.
- Table tennis, billiards and carrom are available above the group discussion room.
- The school has a roller skating rink.
- The school has indoor badminton courts.
- A swimming pool has been built at the place of the old volleyball court.
- Every year the school celebrates its annual sports day. The school invites dignitaries to their sports day like the Governor of Jharkhand.
The school has its own buses, and some hired buses. All buses run on specified routes and covers the city area and the neighbouring Chas.
There are sick rooms in both the wings of the school. A trained nurse attends to sick children and provides first aid in case of an emergency. An annual medical checkup of the students is done in the clinic.
The campus neighbours are St. Mary's School, DAV Public School and Laxmi Market.
- Deepansh Shiksha Kendra
It was established on 2 July 2001.
- Koshish Vocational Center
Koshish Vocational Center enables mothers of students of Deepansh to learn skills that will help them earn a livelihood. The school has sewing machines and a professional staff to teach them the skills of designing and tailoring. The women will graduate with a sewing course certificate.
- Kurra Village School
Kurra village nestles amongst the sloping meadows 20 km away from Bokaro Steel City. Kurra Village School was adopted by DPS for academic purposes.
- The school has been giving out top rankers in premier engineering colleges such as Indian Institute of Technology and BITS Pilani for the last couple of decades.
- In 2012 Delhi Public School, Bokaro emerged as the best performing school of Bokaro when 64.3% of its students appearing in the school final examination obtained 10 cumulative grade point average (CGPA) in all five subjects.
- Prasoon Kumar Jha, All India Rank 1, IIT-JEE 1993
- Raj Kumar Gupta, director of Aamir, No One Killed Jessica
- "Delhi Public School, Bokaro".
- "Delhi Public School (DPS)".
- "Contact Us @dps bokaro".
- "DPS family carves a niche in Jharkhand with brilliant results". Times of India. May 26, 2012. Retrieved 20 August 2012.