|Directed by||Nikhil Advani|
|Produced by||Anupama Patil, Kishor Patil|
|Written by||Girish Dhamija
|Budget||INR 15,000,000 (estimated)|
|Box office||20 million (US$310,000)
(domestic nett gross)
Delhi Safari is a 2012 bilingual stereoscopic 3D animation film directed by Nikhil Advani. It has been produced by Krayon Pictures (a Pune based 3D animation studio). The film features the voices of Akshaye Khanna, Govinda, Suniel Shetty, Boman Irani, and Urmila Matondkar. The screenplay of the film is written by Girish Dhamija and Suresh Nair. The film traces the journey of five animals and birds from Mumbai to Delhi. The music of the film is composed by Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy, while the lyrics are penned by Sameer. It is India's first stereoscopic 3D animation feature film. The film released in India on 19 October 2012.
The English version of the film has voices by Tom Kenny, Jason Alexander, Cary Elwes, Christopher Lloyd, Jane Lynch, Vanessa Williams and Brad Garrett. The international sales of the film is being handled by Fantastic Films International. The film was released in the United States on 7 December 2012.
Delhi Safari is the story of a journey undertaken by a leopard cub, his mother, a monkey, a bear and a parrot when the forest they live in is on the verge of destruction. Builders have encroached upon their forest and the animals decide to go to Delhi and protest in front of the parliament and ask the parliament some very simple yet pertinent questions they were – why has man become the most dangerous animal? Doesn't man understand that if the forests and the animals don't co-exist with humans, the balance of the ecosystem will be endangered?
The film starts with Yuvraj 'Yuvi' saying that he lost his father Sultan (Suniel Shetty) in the morning,but doesn't want to lose his home in any cost. The film carries a flashback of the morning with Yuvi and Sultan playing in the forest while his mother, Begum (Urmila Matondkar) enters. The two say something that Begum gets angry and goes. Soon, Begum forgives Sultan and Yuvraj. However, while coming back, a whole pack of bulldozers come. Begum manages to escape, but Yuvi and Sultan are trapped. In a bid to save Yuvi, Sultan catches Yuvi in his mouth and tosses him to Begum. However, he himself is killed by a human wielding a shotgun, making the whole forest a large enemy of the humans. A talk happens of Bajrangi, a monkey (Govinda), saying that he would beat out the wits of those men, and asks whether anyone knows anyone who knows language of humans. A white bird pipes up, saying he knows someone. Yuvi meets the white bird the next day, and asks who is the one he said about. The white bird says he is Alex (Akshaye Khanna), who lives with a director Vikram. Bajrangi, Bagga the bear (Boman Irani), Yuvi go and kidnap the parrot and convince him to go to Delhi with them to talk to the parliament. After a few good and bad experiences begum tells that no one is going to Delhi after listening to a tiger's story as soon after she sees Sultan and proceeds to Delhi. They finally reach Delhi and tell their message. In the last scene it is shown the jungle is saved and all are happy.
- Sultan - a brave member of the pack who sacrifices himself trying to stop deforestation.
- Beggum - Sultan's wife who is a little overprotective of her cub but a little doubtful.
- Yuvi - the son of Beggum and Yuvi who wants to follow her dreams.
The other animals
- Akshaye Khanna as Alex the Parrot  (A Rogue Parrot)
- Boman Irani as Bagga the Bear (A Know-It-All Bear)
- Govinda as Bajrangi the Monkey (Militant Monkey)
- Urmila Matondkar as the Begum (A Determined Queen)
- Suniel Shetty as Sultan the Leopard
- Swini Khara as Yuvraj the Cub
- Jason Alexander as Male Flamingo/Hyena Cook
- Cary Elwes as Sultan (Father Leopard)/Bee Commander
- Brad Garrett as Bagga Bear
- Christopher Lloyd as Pigeon
- Jane Lynch as Female Flamingo
- Vanessa Williams as Beggum (Mother Leopard)
- Tom Kenny as Alex (Parrot)
- Carlos Alazraqui Bajrangi (Monkey)
- Tara Strong as Yuvi (Baby Leopard)
- Brian George as Bat
- Roger Craig Smith as The Two Monkeys
- J.B. Blanc as The Director/Prime Minister
- Dave Wittenberg as Hyena/Tortoise
- Troy Baker as Tiger
- GK Bowes (Additional Voices)
- Kate Higgins (Additional Voices)
- Lex Lang (Additional Voices)
- Joe Ochman (Additional Voices)
- Fred Tatasciore (Additional Voices)
- Travis Willingham (Additional Voices)
Delhi Safari won the National Award for the Best Animation Film for the year 2012. Annecy Film Festival, one of the most prestigious film fests for animation, credited Delhi Safari as its ‘Official Selection’on 4 June 2012. Delhi Safari also won the Best Feature Film (theatrical) award at FICCI FRAMES 2012. Times of India gave Delhi Safari 3 stars. Rohit Khilnani of rediff gave it 3.5 stars and called it a must watch. Roshni Devi of koimoi gave it 2.5 stars. Social film rating site MOZVO gave it 3.5 stars putting it in Recommended category. Bollywood portal Films of India gave it 3 stars and said, "The movie is a step forward towards ecological awareness combined with fun, without being preachy." Rotten Tomatoes, an aggregator gave it a "rotten" rating of 17% , one critic saying it was "Blandly Unremarkable" .
|Soundtrack album by Shankar Ehsaan Loy|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Shankar Ehsaan Loy chronology|
|1.||"Dil Ki Safari"||Shankar Mahadevan, Raman Mahadevan, Shivam Mahadevan, Hamsika Iyer||4:17|
|2.||"Meri Duniya Terey Dam Se"||Shekhar Ravjiani, Mahalakshmi Iyer & Shivam Mahadevan||3:58|
|3.||"Aao Re Pardesi"||Karsan Sargathia, Tarannum Mallik||3:58|
|4.||"Dhadak Dhadak"||Shankar Mahadevan, Raghubir Yadav||2:14|
|5.||"Jungle Mein Mangal"||Shankar Mahadevan||3:05|
Despite the hype, the film failed at the box office with poor collections and losing money for the distributors and financiers. It was the lowest opening for any Bollywood film in USA in the history with less than $4000 total in 20 screens on opening day, and only 17.5 million nett during the first week.
Delhi Safari qualified for the 2012 Oscars, and was listed in the "reminder list" for Best Picture, Best Animated Feature and Original Tunes. Delhi Safari was awarded the National Film Award, for the Best Animated Film,  it was named as Best Film in the animation category for the Screen Awards. It also won Best Feature Film award at FICCI Frames 2012. It just won the best animated feature at Infocom Assocham EME awards 2013.
Delhi Safari was released on DVD by Shemaroo Entertainment. 
- 'Ab Dilli Door Nahin'
- "> All About Cinema... >Delhi Safari to hit the screens in February". Indiantelevision.com. 7 January 2012. Retrieved 2012-08-19.
- Minovitz, Ethan (26 October 2012). "Kids’ Delhi Safari Hits U.S. Theaters December 7". Big Cartoon News. Retrieved 26 October 2012.
- "Delhi Safari". nyootv.com. 8 August 2011.
- "Akshay Khanna as Alex the Parrot". nyootv.com. 8 August 2011.
- "Boman Irani as Bagga the Bear". nyootv.com. 8 August 2011.
- "Govinda as Bajrangi the Monkey". nyootv.com. 8 August 2011.
- "Urmila Matondkar as the Queen". nyootv.com. 8 August 2011.
- "Swini Khara as Yuvraj the Cub". nyootv.com. 8 August 2011.
- "Delhi Safari - lands an 'Official Selection' at the prestigious Annecy Film Festival 2012.". http://www.prhwy.com. Retrieved 11 June 2012.
- "Delhi Safari – lands an ‘Official Selection’ at the prestigious Annecy Film Festival 2012.". http://www.information-online.com. Retrieved 11 June 2012.
- "Delhi Safari". Times of India. Retrieved 19 October 2012.
- "Review: Delhi Safari is a fun film". rediff. Retrieved 19 October 2012.
- "Delhi Safari Review". koimoi. Retrieved 19 October 2012.
- "Delhi Safari Review". MOZVO. Retrieved 19 October 2012.
- "75 Original Songs Tune Up For 2012 Oscar®". 11 December 2012. Retrieved 2012-12-13. "Delhi Safari" from "Delhi Safari"
- Delhi Safari in the Reminder List of Productions Eligible for the 85th Academy Awards
- "60th National Film Awards Announced" (PDF) (Press release). Press Information Bureau (PIB), Govt. of India.
- Delhi Safari at the Internet Movie Database
- Delhi Safari at Box Office Mojo
- Official Facebook Page
- Delhi Safari at the Big Cartoon DataBase