Delilah and Julius
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (November 2010)|
|Delilah & Julius|
|Created by||Suzanne Chapman
Steven J.P Comeau
Allison Sealy Smith
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||52|
|Running time||Approx. 26 minutes|
|Original run||August 14, 2005– August 16, 2008|
Delilah & Julius is a Canadian animated series which is targeted at children and young teens and is animated using Macromedia Flash technology. It premiered and currently airs on Canada's Teletoon animation channel and Season 1 is being re-aired on Hong Kong's World.
The series is centered around a pair of highly trained young adults, Delilah and Julius, who were both orphaned children of special agents. Together, they graduated from the Academy, a training facility headed by Al, a free-spirited special agent who brought the duo together, and fight international crime and a myriad of villains as a pair of savvy, well-trained spies.
The Delilah and Julius season one finale, titled The Truth Be Gold, was shown[where?] on June 17, 2006 at 5:00pm. It was a 90-minute presentation that revealed information about Delilah's parents. The 90-minute presentation of the Delilah and Julius season two finale, titled Past, Present and Future was shown on August 16, 2008 at 5:00pm. Delilah and Julius was produced by Big Al Spy Productions, DHX Media and Collideascope Digital Productions.
- The Underground - A missing train full of foreign athletes lead Delilah and Julius to Ms. Deeds and her plot to annihilate the planet and start an underground civilization. (Pilot episode)
- Fun For All - Dr. Dismay is about to unleash a deadly virus on unsuspecting fun-seekers at an amusement park, thanks to the help of Carlial, A genetic scientist for hire.
- Ice, Ice Baby - The entire planet is plunged into the Dark Ages when the flirtatiously sexy, yet sinister Ice steals the world's power.
- The Delilah Identity - Delilah is suspected of being a mole in the Academy, and must go undercover to prove her innocence.
- Mayans Ruined - D&J head to Mexico to investigate a missing archeologist, and to solve the mystery of an ancient artifact with healing powers.
- All You Need Is Love - Delilah becomes embroiled in a revenge plot involving her parents, a wrongly imprisoned agent, and a secret Navajo code.
- Project Greenthumb - D&J head to the fashionable city of London to track down a top agent who has gone missing.
- The Ratings War - Planet Earth News Network is taking over the airwaves, suspiciously scooping news stories before anyone else.
- Eye of the Storm - To promote a sense of "oneness" (Al's lexis), Delilah and Julius, Ursula and Emmet are notified that they are to switch partners, for good.
- Saving Scarlett - Scarlett has been kidnapped and there's a bomb at the Academy and D&J discover that Wednesday is behind the sinister plot.
- Simple Minds - D&J find themselves on a malfunctioning plane about to crash on the remote "Happy Times Island".
- Hunk Island - D&J are sent to stop Wednesday Kertsfield, who has been kidnapping young, beautiful male actors and models in order for them to compete, gladiator style, for her affection.
- Batman of Borneo - D&J and Nosey are sent to Borneo to find an antidote for a deadly virus unleashed through pre-programmed bugs.
- To Spy or Not to Spy - It's Academy vacation, and much to Delilah's disappointment, they are spending it at a ski resort. But after several big foot sightings, Delilah finds that she's not so bored after all.
- Last Day of Christmas - It's Christmas, but instead of peace on earth, the Academy and their yacht are being held hostage by a mysterious new villain, and only D&J can pull a Christmas miracle.
- A Very Important Date - D&J go undercover at a dating service to find out who has been kidnapping the young rich and beautiful people in New York City. And also to find out that they are each other's perfect match in the process.
- The Ringmaster - D&J are assigned to guard the precocious daughter of a workaholic and genius geneticist.
- A Dreamer Never Dies - Julius investigates a high number of comas in a hospital, and discovers that Dr. Dismay is stealing people's dreams while about to get his dreams taking away, he starts to dream himself, about Delilah.
- A New Ice Age - Ice is back with a vengeance, this time with a formula that slowly freezes the earth's oceans causing a new ice age.
- Paris to Dakar - D&J are undercover drivers in the world longest car race to track down the smugglers of uranium.
- Game, Set, Match - D&J go undercover as pro tennis players to protect an international tennis star.
- The Hunter - Temples across China are being robbed, and intel suggests an ex-GIB top spy is behind the robberies.
- Terror By Tarot - D&J go undercover in New Orleans as World Historical Society agents to guard a three hundred year old voodoo death mask.
The episode, The Truth Be Gold is a one-and-a-half-hour-long movie with three parts to it:
- All That Glitter is Gold - Part One (out of three) of the first season's finale. In this episode, D&J go to the ORB lab in the Yukon to destroy the ORB super computer ran by Klaus.
- See How They Run - Part Two (out of three) of the first season's finale. D&J go to deliver Klaus but the ORB corporation attacked the plane they were on and they now have to survive in the wild.
- Heir Apparent - Part Three (out of three) of the first season's finale. D&J head to ORB headquarters and discover the truth about Delilah's parents.
- The Fear Inside - A nearby spy school is dibanded by crippling fear gas and Delilah and Julius race to save the academy from the same fate.
- Land of the Setting Sun - Delilah and Julius are sent to turn the light back on when someone drains Tokyo's electricity.
- Homework Detrimental - Going undercover at an all girl's school is difficult for Delilah, who's comfortable hunting super villains, but out of her element with regular teenagers.
- Al Riled Up - Al is accused of treason and has to fight for his life when Dynimo, a blast from his past, takes him hostage.
- Case of the Comic Capers - Delilah, Julius and Zoe are at a convention when a mysterious villain commits elaborate plans modeled from comic book scenes.
- Hollywood Plot - Delilah and Julius head for tinsel town when they refuse to believe Dexter J. Hook has become a legitimate movie producer.
- Blinded by Love - Delilah walks into a deadly trap laid by an eye-patch wearing villain who blames Delilah for his missing eye.
- A Dirty Job - A garbage barge, a yellow briefcase, and the Zero List all converge at Pier 14 to help D&J bring down an international smuggling ring.
- Love Bytes - Delilah and Julius have to stop Dollface, a half-human, half-android, from creating a robot army to enslave the human race.
- Pressure Drop - Delilah and Zoe have to save Julius, Nosey, and Emmet from Ms. Deeds when they travel as backpackers to a monastery in Tibet to find out about the Zero List.
- Frozen in Time - The Academy comes to the rescue when Delilah and Julius get frozen solid investigating a cryogenics lab.
- All Along the Clocktower - Rescuing Agent Robinson from the maniacle Timekeeper offers Delilah & Julius a glimpse into the possibility of time travel - and Delilah revisits a memento from her past.
- The Zero Hour - There's a showdown at high noon when Delilah and Julius travel to a ghost town and discover just how many villains are after the Zero List.
- Family Pass - Under investigation for treason, Julius flees the Academy only to be thrust into the middle of warring super agents who risk the lives of innocent amusement park goers.
- Bugged - An insect infestation, that hinders the Academy, from Dr. Thorax threatens Julius with a buggy genetic mutation.
- Dawn of a New Day - Dollface and Roy, the robotic-romantic duo, reunite with a plan to take over the world with a solar-powered army, and Delilah and Julius have only until sunrise to stop them.
- Just the Two of Us - Copycats make Delilah and Julius realize that fans can be a lot more than flattering - they can be deadly.
- Breakout - When Dynimo escapes the GIB with Ursula, Delilah and Julius trail the vengeful duo to a mysterious hidden facility.
- Every Breath You Take - Deep sea diving for deadly poisons brings Delilah and Julius face-to-face with an even deadlier underwater foe, a scuba-geared Dexter J. Hook.
- The Traitor Within - Delilah and Julius have to unmask a villain when a deadly microbot is stolen from Scarlett's international spy gadget symposium.
- The Fugitive Vacationer - Delilah and Julius get very little rest when assassins target an innocent bystander during the Academy vacation.
- Extreme Measures - When Tibor kidnaps a world class Indian programmer, the Academy agents have to race across the rooftops of India to get him back before he's forced to repair the damaged Zero List.
- To Dismay's Dismay - An unlikely guest at the Academy sets D&J on the trail of a sleep depriving mad scientist.
This is a three part series final to Delilah and Julius.
- The End of Tomorrow - Part 1 - Delilah and Julius have to stop Tibor when he gets everything he needs to make time travel work.
- The End of Tomorrow - Part 2 - It's a race to rescue Al when Delilah and Julius learn that he holds the key to the Zero list.
- The End of Tomorrow - Part 3 - Delilah and Julius travel to the past to stop Tibor when his poorly functioning time machine threatens to tear apart the fabric of space and time.
Delilah and Julius - The complete first season was released September 9, 2008. It contains the first 13 episodes and has a run time of 290 minutes.