|This article relies on references to primary sources. (November 2008)|
|Origin||East LA, CA, USA|
|Genres||Hip-hop, latin hip hop|
|Years active||1991 - present|
|Associated acts||Sen Dog|
|Past members||Kemo the Blaxican
Delinquent Habits (also known as Los Delinquentes and Los Tres Delinquentes) is a hip hop group. Formed in East Los Angeles in 1991, they are known for their Latin-tinged rap, which is both melodic and hardcore. Their first album was executive produced by Cypress Hill member Sen Dog and featured guest appearances by Sen himself as well as Puerto Rican New York City rapper Hurricane G. Their second album, Here Come The Horns, again featured Sen Dog as well as Sen's brother, pioneering Latin rapper Mellow Man Ace. The melodic Merry Go Round featured the female singer Michelle. The group chose to focus more on hardcore rap on their fourth offering, Freedom Band.
- Ives, Irie, El Guero/Huero Loco (Ivan Martin, MC)
- Chente Loco (MC)
- WizA (DJ)
Delinquent Habits was originally made up of Kemo, Ives (both MCs) and O.G. Style (a DJ). Thus the group was often called Los Tres Delinquentes (Spanish for "The Three Delinquents"). As a trio, they sold over 1 million copies of their single Tres Delinquentes, published on the Station 13 label in 1996. They subsequently received a lot of attention from MTV and the media. Their self-titled first album, Delinquent Habits, was executive produced by Sen Dog of Cypress Hill and sold almost a million copies. Their second release, Here Come The Horns, was produced by Mellow Man Ace. They have been compared to Cypress Hill. Their work Merry Go-Round was sold on the underground "Spanglish network".
Kemo soon left after the completion of their album Freedom Band to pursue a solo career with some substantial success. He was replaced by female vocalist Michelle, who had been previously featured in their songs.
August 2008 former mc Kemo signed a record deal with Ampire Records/ Redrum Recordz for a European release of his second album.
- Delinquent Habits (1996)
- Here Come The Horns (1998)
- Merry Go Round (2000)
- Freedom Band (2003)
- Dos Mundos Dos Lenguas (2005)
- New And Improved (2006)
- The Common Man (2009)
- "Tres Delinquentes" - Delinquent Habits (1996)
- "Lower Eastside" - Delinquent Habits (1996)
- "This Is LA" - Here Come The Horns (1997)
- "Here Come The Horns" - Here Come The Horns (1998)
- "Western Ways 2" (feat. Big Pun) - Here Come The Horns (1998)
- "Return Of The Tres" - Merry Go Round (2001)
- "Feel Good" - Merry Go Round (2001)
- "Get High" (Punto Rojo feat. Delinquent Habits) - Vibracion Exquisita (1998)
- "Mexican Hat Rap" (HipHop Connect presents feat. Delinquent Habits) - Fade To Black (2004)
- "Life Plays" (DJ Payback Garcia feat.Delinquent Habits) - Brown Life Vol. 2 (2004)
- "Colaborando" (El Chivo feat.Delinquent Habits) - Si Ladran No Muerden (2004)
- "Every Day" (DJ Payback Garcia feat.Delinquent Habits) - Cholos Cholas Y Pistolas (2005)
- "Yo Quiero" (DJ Payback Garcia feat.Delinquent Habits) - Hecho En Aztlan Vol. 2 (2005)
- "Ninos De La Calle" (DJ Payback Garcia feat.Delinquent Habits) - Hecho En Aztlan Vol. 2 (2005)
- "Push On" (Dyablo presents feat.Delinquent Habits) - Sangre Azteca Vol. 1 (2006)
- "Would You Wanna" (DJ Payback Garcia feat. Delinquent Habits) - Aztec Souls Vol. 2 (2006)
- "Mescalito" (The Superstar DJs feat. Delinquent Habits) - Born Originals (2007)
- "Gläser In D'Luft" (Brandhärd feat. Delinquent Habits) - Brandrenalin (2007)
- "Wolf" (Mundartisten feat. Delinquent Habits) - M (2010)
- "Via Panam" (El Siete feat. Delinquent Habits) - Panamericana OST (2010)
- "Cutie Pie" (Lina Santiago feat. Delinquent Habits) - Feels So Good[disambiguation needed] (1996)
In popular culture
- "Return of the Tres" was featured in the 2001 and 2005 films, Double Take and Harsh Times, respectively. The song was also used in one of Nike's Joga Bonito advertisements.
- Tres Delinquentes was featured in the 1998 South Korean horror-comedy The Quiet Family and in the 2005 film Havoc.
- "Get High" Single from the album Vibración Exquisita, Punto Rojo - 1997
- Several of their songs are featured on the soundtracks to video games such as Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4, Total Overdose: A Gunslinger's Tale in Mexico, and Total Overdose's official sequel; Chili Con Carnage.
- Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Andre Ethier has frequently used "Tres Delinquentes" as his walk-up music when he bats at Dodger Stadium.