|Patrick De Wael|
Number of employees
Huyghe Brewery (Dutch: Brouwerij Huyghe) is a brewery founded in 1906 by Leon Huyghe in city of Melle in East Flanders, Belgium. Its "flagship" beer is Delirium Tremens, a golden ale frequently rated as one of the best beers in the world.
The site of the brewery has been in operation since 1654.[clarification needed] Huyghe founded his brewery in 1906; it acquired the present name in 1938. While the company initially brewed a regular pilsner, it soon began brewing the kinds of beers now typically known as "Belgian", including a series of beers under the "Delirium" tag, with pink elephants on the label. The best known of these is Delirium Tremens, a blonde, Belgian ale. Other beers brewed include a Christmas beer and a beer called Deliria, a beer selected from 65 entries by women brewers, in addition to a number of fruit beers with low ABV.
Huyghe has acquired several smaller Belgian breweries, including Arteveld Grand Cru in 1987, Brouwerij Biertoren in 1993, Brouwerij Dam (nl) in 1994, and Brouwerij Villers in 1999.
- Delirium Nocturnum - 8.5% alcohol
- Delirium Noël - a winter seasonal offering, 10.0% ABV
- Delirium Tremens - 8.5% alcohol
Delirium Tremens in Palm Springs
- Yenne, Bill (2014). Beer: The Ultimate World Tour. MBI. p. 127. ISBN 9781937994419.
- Oliver, Garrett (2011). The Oxford Companion to Beer. Oxford UP. pp. 472–73. ISBN 9780199912100.
- Hampson, Tim (2014). The Beer Book. DK Publishing. p. 206. ISBN 9781465437679.
- "Delirium Nocturnum - Brouwerij Huyghe - Melle, Belgium". BeerAdvocate. Retrieved 2013-09-28.
- Sudo, Chuck (2006-12-06). "Chicagoist's "Beer of the Week": Delirium Nocturnum". Chicagoist. Retrieved 2013-09-28.
- "Delirium Tremens". RateBeer. Retrieved 4 January 2015.
- "A Welcome Home", Fritz Hahn, The Washington Post, 10 January 2003.
- "Sip of the Week", Peter St. Onge, Charlotte Observer, 11 October 2006.
- Stuart A. Kallen, The 50 Greatest Beers in the World, Replica Books, 1999. ISBN 0-7351-0086-1, ISBN 978-0-7351-0086-2
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Huyghe brewery.|
|This beer or brewery-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Belgium-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|