|Editor||Bojan Budja (acting)|
|Political alignment||Left-wing, Social liberalism|
|Headquarters||Dunajska 5, Ljubljana, Slovenia|
|Circulation||46,726 (July–September 2011)|
|Official website||Official website|
History and profile
Delo was first published on 1 May 1959 when two newspapers Ljudska pravica (The People's Right) and Slovenski poročevalec (The Slovenian Reporter) merged. For more than 50 years it has been involved in active co-creation of the Slovenian public space. It covers politics, economics, sports, culture and social events in Slovene language. The print edition of Delo has the International Standard Serial Number (ISSN) 0350-7521; the online edition has the ISSN 1854-6544.
Delo is published by media house Delo. It offers content in print and also on web, mobile and tablet platforms. It publishes a mixture of different media, such as the tabloid Slovenske novice, bimonthly cultural newspaper Pogledi and various supplements.
Its 2007 circulation was 77,000 copies, making it the second most read daily in the country.
Delo has the following weekly supplements:
- Posel&Denar on economy and markets (Mondays)
- Ona ("She") women's supplement (Tuesdays)
- Delo in dom ("Work and Home") about housekeeping (Wednesdays)
- Polet ("Flight" or "Enthusiasm/Drive") about recreation and free time (Thursdays)
- Vikend ("Weekend"), TV guide with additional entertainment news (Fridays)
- Sobotna priloga ("The Saturday Supplement"), a weekly supplement with commentaries, analysis and features on current events (Saturdays)
- Odprta kuhinja ("Open Kitchen"), Food guide (Sundays)
Delo publishes a special Sunday edition, Nedelo ("Idleness" or "non-work"; Nedelo is a play on words since Nedelja is Slovene for Sunday), in a smaller and bound (stapled) format.
- http://www.dnevnik.si/poslovni-dnevnik/poslovni/novice/1042557802 (in Slovene), Nov/17/2012
- http://www.razgledi.net/2011/11/24/z-izjemo-slovenskih-novic-naklade-dnevnikov-se-vedno-padajo/ (in Slovene), 1 August 2011
- "Media". IPA Section Slovenia. Retrieved 15 November 2014.
- Merjenje obiskanosti spletnih strani, http://www.ris.org/db/27/12419/Raziskave/MOSS_maj_2012/ (in Slovene), Aug/02/2012